Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1994 Dodge b150 cargo van-hesitation on gas pedal

bluezuan
03-08-2012, 01:06 PM
I had a major tune up not long ago on my van. I'm noticing now at times when I press on the gas pedal sometimes that it hesitates before kicking in to run normally. Is this a sign of? Fuel pump? Or. I'd like some opinions before it gets worse. Thanks.

alloro
03-08-2012, 03:54 PM
It's more likely a sign of a vacuum leak, a bad MAP sensor, or a bad TPS.

jamesslcx
03-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Bluezuan, CEL on? Do you use fuel system cleaner regularly? Cleaned the throttle body lately? Could be a sensor also as stated by alloro.

Mopar_Stev
03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
If it's injectors getting clogged, then the B12 Chemtool treatment in the gas tank for four fillups would help clear them up really well. Just toss in one can when the tank is 1/2-full and then drive until the next fill up. Then repeat.

1994 is a strange year. The van could be pre-magnum or a Magnum engine type for the V8. If the engine is a Magnum, then clean the IAC and the two IAC port holes. Do a search on the web for my "How to clean the IAC" It's a step-by-step DIY tutorial.

bluezuan
03-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll try the chemtool. See if it helps. Like I said I had my mechanic do a thorough tune up. Including cleaning the fuel injectors. Who knows. Might have gotten some bad gas somewhere along the line,

Add your comment to this topic!