Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP! 08 Aura XE no power, Will not start, not dead battery!

MadMaxGT
01-29-2012, 05:25 AM
Ok, I had a problem with drivers seat belt, so pulled it and sent it out for repair. Started car every few days while waiting for belt to return.
Today I removed the negative terminal and reinstalled the seatbelt. Replaced the terminal, car is dead? No power no interior light, no dash lights, no sounds completely dead nothing!

Tried to jump, still nothing, "and I mean nothing dead"???

Purchased brand new Battery, stumped as to what's wrong? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Max

DeltaP
01-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Gotta be something with the batt cables. Check fuses,links also. I would think a 4 year old seat belt would still be under warranty. I also wouldn't dream of trying to repair one.

MadMaxGT
01-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Gotta be something with the batt cables. Check fuses,links also. I would think a 4 year old seat belt would still be under warranty. I also wouldn't dream of trying to repair one.

Long story, seatbelt is no longer under warranty, and I had it sent out for a professional repair.

Do you know if there is two fuse boxes? where is the inside one located?

Thanks

MadMaxGT
01-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Long story, seatbelt is no longer under warranty, and I had it sent out for a professional repair.

Do you know if there is two fuse boxes? where is the inside one located?

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, I really did take the time to closely examine both pos and neg cables. The positive side has two lines, so i also used a test light to confirm I have power down at the starter and over to the terminal connection at the top of the fuse box. Found the inside fuse box, all fuses inside and out are OK! No power anywhere else! Stumped?:swear:

GMCustomerService
01-30-2012, 09:55 AM
I see that you are on your way to diagnosing this on your own; if you were to ever decide to work with a dealership, please let me know as I would like to be available to assist!
Sarah
GM Customer Service

Add your comment to this topic!