Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Different Wheels for 4WD and 2WD?

mwaldrp
01-18-2012, 02:42 PM
I recently moved into an area that gets significant lake effect snow and am looking for a set of wheels for snow tires. I have a '97 Jimmy with 2WD and have found a set of wheels on ebay for a good price. However, the seller states that the wheels are for 4WD models only. I was under the impression that S15 Jimmy and Blazer models all used the same wheel size and bolt pattern. Which of us is correct?

ken_man_1
01-18-2012, 09:19 PM
I recently moved into an area that gets significant lake effect snow and am looking for a set of wheels for snow tires. I have a '97 Jimmy with 2WD and have found a set of wheels on ebay for a good price. However, the seller states that the wheels are for 4WD models only. I was under the impression that S15 Jimmy and Blazer models all used the same wheel size and bolt pattern. Which of us is correct?

Just from looking at them, I notice that the 2wd wheels have a bigger offset than the 4wd wheels. I could see the 2wd wheels fitting on a 4wd truck, but not vice versa. I think the 4wd wheels would rub/not fit because they are too deep.

mwaldrp
01-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll keep looking.

Add your comment to this topic!