Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 explorer problems

joemffields
12-20-2011, 11:46 AM
hi i have a 95 explorer, has been a great truck until lately. it started as just a small rough idle every now and then, nothing to make a big deal about. just changed the oil and wiped things down a bit, started it up ran just fine for a couple of minutes and when it starts to just barely warm up and the idle drops down it starts louping or surging, if i hold the throttle open it bit it kinda goes away and it would continue to warm up and not have a problem idling. now it won't even do that. i'm pulling several codes, to many to list and the truck ran just fine a few days ago i can't just go get a bunch of parts, christmas shopping has broken me. need help asap

DeltaP
12-21-2011, 06:33 PM
Theres no magic bullet here. Ya gotta post every code ya got here so the experts can get an idea on this. Everything else is guesswork. Like throwing darts at a dartboard! And that gets real expensive and nothing gets fixed.

joemffields
12-22-2011, 01:25 PM
KOEO
72/176/172/176
KOER
72/136/538/632/172/136/538/632
I have done the test several times and this is what keeps popping up.
I have new plugs and wires, gapped correctly, new and clean k&n air filter, just changed every gasket from the lower intake manifold gasket up, cleaned injectors and replaced o-rings cleaned all carbon build-up on everything, traced down all vacuum lines no leaks, cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner, check egr valve, all good, basically everything inexpensive, i think i've narrowed it down to the idle air control valve(IAC), or the MAF. I've check the continuity of the IAC against both terminals on the IAC and then against the body of the IAC to each terminal, each are in the parameters ie the Haynes manual. The only test left is will engine is running and i don't have my own multimeter. I have on order a new IAC and MAF, i pick them up today.

joemffields
12-22-2011, 09:46 PM
just got done putting parts on and cleaning up. new iac and maf problem solved finally:grinyes:

Add your comment to this topic!