Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 jeep cherokee laredo inline 6 wont start

krazedpunk
11-09-2011, 03:22 AM
my jeep wont start if i tighten the distributor bolt,has anyone ever heard of this problem it will start and run fine if i leave the distributor loose.has been running that way for 2 years and i just was wondering what would cause that kind of problem...thx

fredjacksonsan
11-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Which distributor bolt are you talking about? There's no reason I can think of that it wouldn't run when you tighten the bolt, except maybe for some electrical ground issue or maybe a mechanical interference when the bolt's tightened. What other information do you have about it?

Seanyjonny
12-27-2011, 03:43 PM
I have the same exact jeep, except don't think mine is 4wd, and ive got the same problem. Was working, drove it around for awhile, parked it, sat approx. 2-3 days, tried to start and it wouldn't start. When the engine was turning sounded like it was getting fire every couple secs but wouldn't fully start. Replaced the fuel filter, tps, distributor cap & rotor, still no luck. Took a look at what color the spark was and it was quite yellow, does it need to be blue? Any help would be appreciated!

fredjacksonsan
12-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Crankshaft Position Sensor. Do a search under CPS or the full name and you'll see lots of threads. What year and how many miles?

Add your comment to this topic!