Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

P1451 code

jake1ekaj
09-23-2011, 12:29 AM
Gents,

I have sweet 96 Metro 1L that just coughed up a P1451 code. The map sensor, anyone else have this experience. The drivability seems fine, but I haven't really had time to get into it much since school takes up all my time.

In addition to that code, there is also a P0302 "cyl 1 misfire" and P0316 "misfire on start up, first 1000 revolutions".

Would the map sensor cause the other two?

I need to check it with the DVM against the factory manual, but just wondering what y'alls take is. During this semester time is really a luxury. I never worked this hard before I retired from the Air Force, haha.

Thanks y'all,
Jake

Woodie83
09-23-2011, 04:13 AM
1451 is not the MAP sensor (at least not directly) it is the barometric pressure sensor inside the PCM. The way this test is run, is that the PCM compares the BPS to the MAP before you start the engine and wants to see them read the same. That's why a MAP problem can cause this error code. I would try connectors first (as always), especially the main computer and sensor ground on the bottom of the intake manifold just above the alternator.

I doubt if a MAP sensor problem would cause your other two codes, but a burned valve most certainly would. Get a compression test.

Add your comment to this topic!