Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2007 kia optima torque steer

Joseph6055
08-05-2011, 12:17 PM
The car pulls to the right when accelerating Been having this problem since i bought the car last year. I thought it was an alignment problem so i took it in and got the alignment done. It still pulled to the right. I took it right back in and told them it still pulled. He checked again and rotated the tires. He told me that the car had 3 different tires on it and this could affect it. Nice right? Buy a car and the dealer throws some spare tires they had on it. He said to replace the tires and do the alignment again and see. He also said it could be torque steer, which cant be helped unless you do some extensive modifications. I replaced all 4 tires and had it aligned again. It still pulls to the right when i accelerate. I was wondering if this is a major problem? Will torque steer cause my tires to wear out faster? I have a warranty on the car, could something like that be covered under the warranty? I mean it is a manufacturing problem right?

inafogg
08-05-2011, 02:22 PM
The car pulls to the right when accelerating Been having this problem since i bought the car last year. I thought it was an alignment problem so i took it in and got the alignment done. It still pulled to the right. I took it right back in and told them it still pulled. He checked again and rotated the tires. He told me that the car had 3 different tires on it and this could affect it. Nice right? Buy a car and the dealer throws some spare tires they had on it. He said to replace the tires and do the alignment again and see. He also said it could be torque steer, which cant be helped unless you do some extensive modifications. I replaced all 4 tires and had it aligned again. It still pulls to the right when i accelerate. I was wondering if this is a major problem? Will torque steer cause my tires to wear out faster? I have a warranty on the car, could something like that be covered under the warranty? I mean it is a manufacturing problem right?

torque steer is associated with the front wheel drive cars.it is normal
but i dont no how hard of a pull your car has.if its a slight pull when accelerating that you only notice with your hands off the wheel,then ok
its normal but if you have to over steer because of the pull then its not
torque steer will not cause the tires to wear out any faster & you should'nt see any side of the tires wear

ryancoates40
08-09-2011, 08:59 PM
it is normal because of the open differential, the different lengths of axle shafts and when you throw the steering in its not very stable. All FWD's will have some sort of torque steer but it depends on the power you vehicle has. The more power the more torque steer. By your description I bet your optima is the 2.7L V6. Its normal unless you clean the ditch out every time you accelerate

mickeyrom
09-01-2011, 11:19 AM
I have a 2006.5 Optima EX with a 4 cyl.engine,(same as a 2007)and mine tracks just fine.It's a great driving car.I have 16" wheels,maybe you have 17" ones?Should not make a difference,but you never know.

Add your comment to this topic!