Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2007 crv door locks

armagh1
06-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Hi I have an issue with the door locks when I take off from stops signs ect some times the lock will just start clicking now when I lock the car with the remote all the doors will lock but the back drivers door if i press to unlock all the rest unlock but the back drivers will lock anyone got any ideas is there a way of resetting the locks or is one going bad

Thanks

for the responses

JohnDD
06-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi I have an issue with the door locks when I take off from stops signs ect some times the lock will just start clicking now when I lock the car with the remote all the doors will lock but the back drivers door if i press to unlock all the rest unlock but the back drivers will lock anyone got any ideas is there a way of resetting the locks or is one going bad

Thanks

for the responses

See my 07-17-2010 description of the problem on this forum. Might be of some help.
I recently purchase this vehicle and it performed flawlessly on a long road trip. Got home and now the electric door locks don't work correctly. (I had the vehicle rust-proofed just before the trip).
When I go to lock the door with the remote, the doors lock and then unlock immediately. Similarly when I use the inside door lock buttons (electrical). When I use the driver's door mechanical lock, the door also locks immediately.
Almost seems like there is a short somewhere telling the doors to lock. Any suggestions how to troubleshoot?
Update: Took the car in to the dealer for diagnostics and he found a short in the driver door latch mechanism. Dealer replaced the door latch and now all is fine. Fortunately car was covered by comprehensive warranty and so the $326 part plus couple hours of labour were free!

Add your comment to this topic!