Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tires

hot_sd
05-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Okay so I need new tires to fix the pull problem I posted about a few threads ago plus they are quite worn anyway. However, the choice for the size seems very limited. I think the size is P16580R13.

I've not been to any tire place yet but investigation online shows TireRack to stock 3 different models. One of them can be discounted as I don't live in a place with snow leaving two choices. Walmart has a cheap tire for about $37 each (I think they said the brand was Kelley Springfield). No idea how good they are. Those are the only choices I have at the moment.

I wonder if anyone here has a good suggestions on any options I may have missed.

Woodie83
05-15-2011, 04:05 AM
TireRack only shows one choice in the stock 155/80-13 size. but if you look at 175/70-13, there are seven different all season tires to choose. That's a much better tire for a GEN3 Metro anyway, going to look, ride, and handle better at a very slight price and mpg penalty. There are also many more places to shop than TireRack, there's Discount Tire Direct, 1010TIRES.com, TREADEPOT.com, the list goes on.

hot_sd
05-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Thanks Woodie - appreciate the info.

Add your comment to this topic!