Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission leak

gpgt98
05-05-2011, 08:56 PM
95 lumina 3.1 115K miles. This car mostly sits idle. When I started it last it was dumping out transmission fluid from what I could tell was a line coming from the tranny to the trans cooler? or radiator. What I am wondering is does it hurt the trans if the car is running but not in motion with no fluid in it? Its a good runner but I need to replace brake lines as well. not sure if it is worth it?

Scrapper
05-05-2011, 09:28 PM
95 lumina 3.1 115K miles. This car mostly sits idle. When I started it last it was dumping out transmission fluid from what I could tell was a line coming from the tranny to the trans cooler? or radiator. What I am wondering is does it hurt the trans if the car is running but not in motion with no fluid in it? Its a good runner but I need to replace brake lines as well. not sure if it is worth it?

is it coming tranny? and other question yes it is not good idling with no fluid. have you looked at half shaft and the seal that runs outer seals in tranny to see if leak was coming. my son had to put 2 new tarannys in it they don't last long i guess week.

gpgt98
05-06-2011, 06:27 PM
When I last had it running with fluid in it, it was coming from under the radiator. It was cold out and getting dark. I couldnt really see exactly but it was under the radiator for sure. Anyone have an idea whether the line TO the tranny from this area is an easy fix?

Add your comment to this topic!