Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front Suspension Support

02-27-2011, 02:06 PM

Rust has gotten my 97 Cavalier. The manual calls the part "Front Suspension Support" but I can't find the part out there by that name. I don't know weather it's a body part or a suspension part. It's the part that 2 lower control arms attach to and then to the frame, any help out there ?

Take Care

02-28-2011, 01:34 AM
can you take a pic of it?

i have a 97 sunfire, but im not sure exactly what you mean... if you can post a pic, i can find it on mine and maybe i.d. it for you.

02-28-2011, 03:06 AM
thats a sub frame, some call it a k frame. very common on those cars to go too.

03-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the help, you guys are the bestest !!

Does anyone have any suggestions of a good place to get a replacement.

Take Care

03-20-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't know if I am too late to help you or not. But I have a 98 cavalier and I got mine replace K frame or Engine Cradle from a junk yard in PA. Half the price of a new one from the dealer. Took me and a couple of friends about 2 hours to get it out with the use of air impact tools. I don't really think you can get it out without the impact tools. Bolts are so hard to get moving and out. I am looking to replace the bolts for the K frame and lower control arms which I will have to get from a dealer I hope this helps.

Add your comment to this topic!