Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 metro 1liter 5spd. advace needed

ipjkcu
02-20-2011, 08:02 PM
well rebuild the tranny. gears looked good. installed tranny quick hint this is a two part question.. first the clutch. by the way replaced that as well. the clutch peadal work when pushed hafe way in u push it to the floor and its slightly disengaged??? next one is second gear when shifting into or down to it works great intell you step on the gas then clicks the gears it does not pop out and i would say it grinds but it grinds if you try to hold it in gear it got me confused becuse it catchs when up or down shifting but as soo as u give it gas.. it like it pops out... advice tips hint or questions well be nice. and thank you all in advance

ipjkcu
02-23-2011, 12:07 AM
no ones got any advice..... well playing with it and driveing seemed to fix the clitch part of it but this second gear things got me bogled it shifts fine go in and going down it well grab the gear and slow you down but as soon as you give it gas it jumps out??? and you cant hold in gear. took shift leaver boot offf thinking it mite need ajusted. funny thing the shift lever is not like the one in the book its not straight then one angle its kinda of got an s to it... is that normall or has it been bent???

Metro Mighty Mouse
02-23-2011, 05:33 AM
The shift rods use steel balls under threaded plugs to hold them in gear. If you left one loose or didn't put the ball in then it will pop out of gear. Also, be sure to locktite all of the plugs that you take out or eventually they will come loose and it will pop out of gear again.

MMM

ipjkcu
02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
i was thinking maybe one of the springs is shot so iam going to take them out of the old one witch held in 2nd not sure what plug so i may have to change them all

Woodie83
02-24-2011, 04:25 AM
There was something else about second gear that needed to be replaced. I've seen this mentioned before, probably by MrMurph at http://geometroforum.com/site/. It might be second gear itself, the word cluster is insisting that it should be in there, I'm not sure. But if the synchronizer is worn badly enough then whatever it rubs against needs to go too.

Add your comment to this topic!