Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

To buy or not to buy

smithjim94
01-06-2011, 09:27 PM
I'll be in the market in the near future for a new (to me anyway) vehicle. I've read a lot of reviews on several websites and it's difficult to really determine if the Mini is the car for me.

I've seen numerous reports of tranmission problems at varying mileages and this is the most disconcerning item as it is one of the most expensive repairs out there.

I've also read reviews for Honda's, Nissan's, VW's, and many others. They all have some negative reports so I'm hoping someone can tell me here if the Mini truly does have tranny problems.

thanks....

TammySm
03-26-2014, 08:57 AM
Hi

There was a major problem with the automatic transmission system and there was a large class action law suit which was settle last year. Every driver of the Mini Cooper got up to $9,000 to cover the cost of repairs. Since the problem was detected, BMW have been working to improve the overall safety and reliability of their car. As an example of the improvement, here's a description of the work to raise the height of the http://www.safecar.info/the-new-mini-cooper-showing-off-its-increase-in-bumper-height/. At present, the car is doing well in the NHTSA and IIHS ratings, it's fuel efficient, and does not depreciate too fast.

Best wishes
:loser:

Add your comment to this topic!