Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 eclipse gsx: good buy?

gabemedders
12-13-2010, 07:20 AM
forgive me but im fairly new to the import/car world in general. im very interested in buying a (u guessed it) 97 eclipse gsx. its only got 80,000 miles on it but the guy says it wont stop overheating. he's only asking 900 so im leaning more towards the "yes" side.

please, any helpful advice would be much appreciated. thanks :)

Blackcrow64
12-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Wow that's actually a really good deal if it's in great shape other than the overheating. The overheating could be something quite simple like a thermostat, waterpump, or at worst a bad headgasket. Regardless, I would say it's worth much more than 900 with the low mileage. Perhaps you should first inquire as to what he may have already done to try and fix the overheating problem. If he has already replaced the mentioned parts then it could be a little iffy...

gabemedders
12-13-2010, 07:36 AM
actually nevermind. just called the guy and he sold it yesterday. sux. i appreciate the help, though.

Blackcrow64
12-13-2010, 07:37 AM
Bummer... I was also going to point you to an older thread that covered all causes for overheating so you could go over it. Keep looking around. There's always deals to be had when it comes to these cars!

Add your comment to this topic!