identify the 308 gtbi

11-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Hello everyone,
For some time I try to differentiate the 308 GTB, and gtbi qv, on the aesthetic.
The hardest part is still the gtbi!
I found on the net and the forum only one change, unfortunately not very effective: the Cavallino on the grille.
some 308 on the rear air vent is U-shaped (most often on the gts, but this sometimes cut versions).
also the problem of mirrors: body-color, "plastic" retro one driver, two retro ...
Finally, some this is a setback to the rear to accommodate the plate, but it is not always the case.

Would there have been changes for the Italian market where tax reduced to 18% of vehicles less than 2L? would there be repercussions on the last 308 (from 1980 until 1986)?

Thank you in advance for your answers

02-20-2012, 09:42 AM
My 1982 GTBi does have the "U shaped" vents on the engine cover, I've done a slight conversion back to Euro as far as side marker lights and simply pushed the front bumper in and changed lense color. Of course the GTBi nameplates are unique to the '80-'82 models. If you have any more specific questions, I have many pictures of mine that I am happy to share.

Add your comment to this topic!