Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Excursion Cruise Control

familyfarm
09-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Any help on this one? My 2000 Excursion has been doing fine. I occasionally use the cruise control, but when I went to set it the past few trys, It would not work. All fuses are good. When I push the cruise it will not go on, there is no light indicating its on, and nothing happens when I try and set it. Any answer will be appreciated. Thanks:confused:

way2old
09-29-2010, 05:26 PM
Is the brake light switch adjusted properly? Sometimes the switch will drop and allow trhe cruise to think the brake is on and not allow the cruise to engage. Try using your toe to pull up on the pedal to see if the cruise will engage.

familyfarm
09-30-2010, 09:54 AM
I gave that a try!! When I set the cruise button, the dash indicator light does not even come on. I was reading more and see that there is a recall for possible fire hazard from the cruise control. There was something about the pressure switch leaking brake fluid onto the wireing harness. looking cat the Master Cylinder I do see a switch on the end of it and it is wet with brake fluid. I am not sure if this is the point of the issue. I am trying to contact Ford Motors to find out.

way2old
09-30-2010, 06:04 PM
If you want to send me the VIN, I can run it to see if there is a recall on it. Or just call a local dealer and ask them about a recall on the cruise control. It is a free fix also.

Add your comment to this topic!