Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

89 Ford bronco not firing

bronco72
09-17-2010, 05:26 PM
i have fuel and spark. The fuel pump die on me so i put a high pressure pump in the tank fuel pump kicks on getting fuel to the fuel rail. im just not sure if the injectors are firing now. is there any way to check that with out a node light. or could it be the pcm. any idea would help thanks.

mechhound
09-17-2010, 10:52 PM
You could spray some starting fluid in the intake by the air filter and crank it over. If you get a pop out of it, you'll know the problem is with the fuel delivery or possibly the injectors not firing as you mentioned.

You say you put a high pressure pump in the tank. Didn't the '89 models have a low pressure pump in the tank and the high pressure pump on the frame rail?

bronco72
09-18-2010, 04:53 PM
i am getting spark, i do get it to fire a little with starting fluids. and yes its a 94 pump. i guess if it is the injectors im not real sure on what to do now the pcm feeds the injectors power. im still not sure if there getting power but i dont want to go spend 30 bucks on node lights to see if there work if they are im not sure were to start and the same if there not.

rhandwor
09-25-2010, 07:04 PM
i am getting spark, i do get it to fire a little with starting fluids. and yes its a 94 pump. i guess if it is the injectors im not real sure on what to do now the pcm feeds the injectors power. im still not sure if there getting power but i dont want to go spend 30 bucks on node lights to see if there work if they are im not sure were to start and the same if there not.
http://www.autopart.com/tools/toolsmain/tool/T_3411.htm
Most parts stores sell Ford,Chevy,and Chrysler noid lights. The kit number is3401
A 12volt test and small gem clip will work. If no light a fuse or relay is bad probably EEC-IV relay. If it lights but doesn't blink a bad wiring harness is probably defective or unplugged. Possible ECM

Add your comment to this topic!