Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

M35 A series Deuce-and-a-half

Steel
11-04-2001, 04:30 PM
http://www.greensix.simonides.org/album/neil-marshal/m35a1.jpg

Anyone knew where i could get parts for this beast? i know that the old 60's and 70's era ones were made by a few companies, Namley AM General, Kaiser-Jeep and such. I cant find engine specs or anything, but there's one for sale near where i live, and i WANT IT!

tanjwarrior
11-26-2001, 07:00 PM
Your smartest move would be to find out if there are any military auctions going on. The government is always selling lots of brass and other metals. Sometimes complete engines, transmissions and even old vehicles from regular, reserve or national guard goes up for sale.
As for specs, check the nearest base or some of the military books that some stores get. You should be able to find the repair manuals for almost any old military vehicle.
Check out the advertisements in Soldier of Fortune, guns mags and such.
http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/boot/66/17465720.jpg
[URL=http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/boot/66 Porsche 928 Website[/URL]

airforceone
10-12-2003, 06:06 AM
you these things don't have ignition keys, right? i dare you to steal one :grinno: j/k but seriously, find some military magazines and such, plus pick up a four wheeler magazine. there's a company that advertises in the back section, i think their name is boyce equipment. they have military hardware for sale.

chrisahlf
05-10-2004, 10:18 AM
There are many suppliers of military trucks and parts. You can buy anything.

memphis equipment.com
sam weiner motors, akron, ohio
surplus city

You next best bet is to subscribe to "Military Vehicles" magazine.

e-mail me at ahlfchs@bcsd.neric.org and I will provide more information for you.

John-the-Limey
05-28-2004, 12:06 AM
I have drove M35's for 25 years, then I bought my own deuce 3 years ago. Between 8 and 10 miles to the gallon. Awesome camping rig and fantastic off-road beast.
Parts are plentiful and cheaper than modern pick-up parts.
Have fun!

chrisahlf
05-28-2004, 07:06 AM
Thanks for your reply. I have a question, all of a sudden my duce woun't idle. I have changed the filters. It runs fine just woun't idle. Any Ideas?

John-the-Limey
05-28-2004, 07:20 AM
Check the throttle linkage where it connects to the injector pump. You can adjust the idle there. To test first if this will help, pull the engine speed handle on the dash out just one or two clicks. If it now idles, then make the adjustment.

chrisahlf
05-28-2004, 07:25 AM
Tried that. Anything less than about 1200 RPM it just wants to die. Changing linkage just helps it die sooner.

John-the-Limey
05-28-2004, 08:58 AM
Could be bad injector pump timing. The best source for M35 knowledge outside of the military is mil-veh-on@mil-veh.org and type subscribe in the subject line. You will get about 50 messages a day from people talking about military vehicles. If you post your question on this forum, I guarantee you at least 6 replies from people who have had this problem and fixed it.

chrisahlf
05-28-2004, 09:15 AM
Thanks, I will check that site. Like i said, the problem happened overnight. The truck runs fine as long as you keep it above 1200RPM

Chris

USMILRET
01-11-2007, 06:51 PM
You might want to check the brass fittings at the tank and see if they are cracked. This causes air to get to the Injection pump. Bleed the fuel return line and see if you are getting air. Good luck.

jrad
04-09-2007, 08:33 PM
I dont know about your deuce but you cant go wrong with one. Does anybody know were i can find a picture of a tore down version of a rockwell transfer case for a 69 deuce M49A2:frown: :uhoh:

bbf
12-16-2007, 05:11 PM
are there any after market seats for the m35

jrad
12-16-2007, 05:27 PM
still looking for a picture of a tore down version of a rockwell transfer case for a 69 deuce M49A2:frown: :uhoh:

NRider
05-21-2008, 10:35 PM
Here's a picture with some info:
http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/imgs/m35.jpg
The M-35, or Deuce and a Half as it was commonly known during the war, served in every theater of operation. It would help supply front lines where ever needed. Incidentally, the meaning of 2.5 is what the vehicle can carry (2.5 tons) as opposed to how much it weighs. The name itself, Deuce and a Half, is actually a term coined by soldiers to mean 2.5.

'97ventureowner
05-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Please check the last post date in the thread and do not post in it if it is longer than 3 months from the current date.
Closed.

Add your comment to this topic!