Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 sonata air question

rfpoil
08-09-2010, 02:26 PM
hi what should my pressure readings be for my manifold gauge for a 2006 sonata 3.3

its 90 degree outside and Humidity 70% . My air compressor cycles on and off to much and the air inside is warm 1 minute and then cold, after running for while it stays cold. would like some help on this 1 .

thank you

Rob

www.rfpoil.com

Bear
08-19-2010, 07:37 PM
I would like to see about 34 PSI low and 225 High on the gauges.

thepeggasus
03-25-2011, 07:10 PM
I also have a 2006 Sonata air question. I can't find where to post a new thread in the upper right corner as the guide says or anywhere else. The AC fuse under the hood kept blowing and at first would work for a day or two when I replaced the fuse. After a week or so, they would blow immediately. I assumed that it was a shorted wire somewhere between the fuse block and the AC compressor. I ran a new wire straight to the AC compressor and it worked - for about five minutes and the fuse blew again. None of the other controls seem to be affected, there is power without any problem all the way to the fuse block and I replaced the wire with 14 gauge to the compressor. What could be causing this? Stumped!!!

lowsonoma1999
03-26-2011, 11:30 AM
I also have a 2006 Sonata air question. I can't find where to post a new thread in the upper right corner as the guide says or anywhere else. The AC fuse under the hood kept blowing and at first would work for a day or two when I replaced the fuse. After a week or so, they would blow immediately. I assumed that it was a shorted wire somewhere between the fuse block and the AC compressor. I ran a new wire straight to the AC compressor and it worked - for about five minutes and the fuse blew again. None of the other controls seem to be affected, there is power without any problem all the way to the fuse block and I replaced the wire with 14 gauge to the compressor. What could be causing this? Stumped!!!
I'm thinking it's the field coil on the compressor. We used to replace those all the time years ago. Not so much any more. Check the resistance between the field coil connector and the compressor housing. Should be 3-4 ohms.

thepeggasus
03-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks! I'll check that.
Just a footnote, I tried it one more time. Before the fuse blew, the system vented. I found that if I ran the AC for 30 seconds, cut it off for 30 and repeated that cycle, the AC would run and also not blow the fuse. Is there a sensor that registers head pressure and cuts off the compressor when it builds up? I'm afraid AC systems are not in any area of expertise on my part.
Thanks again!!

Add your comment to this topic!