Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Teenager Needs Help With First Car.

brittnyc
07-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Hi I'm trying to get a car by the end of my last year of highschool for college. But I want a cheap car that i can later modify into a sweet street racer lol. when it comes to cars my mind goes blank soo i need help. what kind of cars are easy to modify whos parts etc are easy to find and arent expensive. oh btw i'm a female. i have a few carhead friends but one of them refuses to tell me anything because "i'm going to kill myself" so i'm not asking any of you whether you think its safe or blah blah so keep your opinion to yourself. i've heard of a cobra 03/04 being good but i want more options.

Shpuker
07-31-2010, 01:55 PM
You may not like it but its true. If you get a Mustang Cobra or a WS1 Trans Am it'll be either wrapped around a pole, or on the side of the road with you in jail with to many tickets.

syrne
08-02-2010, 03:51 PM
An 04 Cobra blue books for around 20 grand so not sure where you are going when you say cheap. You can definitely do performance mods on them but unless you are planning to learn a lot about cars and do it yourself it's not going to be cheap. Maybe look into an older fox body? Cheap and lots of cheap parts and you can go fast in straight lines. Not sure what being female has to do with anything but why are you ignoring your friends' warnings? They probably know you and are just trying to keep you safe and get you into something reliable that won't be out of commission botched upgrades fixed most of the time.

ricebike
08-02-2010, 08:30 PM
just concentrate on school

if you're in ny, get something of an AWD like a subaru for all-year driving

Talbot
09-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Well I assume you live in NYC, so unless you plan on going to the track where are you going to WOT your stang?

ricebike
09-08-2010, 08:51 PM
unsubscribe me from this old thread! oh wait nevermind, i can do it myself

sohc_vtech
05-12-2011, 03:00 PM
man kids these days im going to give you some advice buy a civic d15 lik i did it kills mustangs everyday and all i got are intake, wing, bodykit and a nice muffler

speediva
05-12-2011, 09:13 PM
man kids these days im going to give you some advice buy a civic d15 lik i did it kills mustangs everyday and all i got are intake, wing, bodykit and a nice muffler

Just sayin - this was originally posted almost a year ago, so I'm not sure your advice is falling on anything but deaf ears...

sohc_vtech
05-12-2011, 10:31 PM
sounds like u want a race holla at me :nono:

speediva
05-14-2011, 01:43 PM
sounds like u want a race holla at me :nono:

Honey, my 2 wheels are faster than your sweet little Honda ANY day of the week. If you want to post garbage on year old threads, I'll follow you around and delete them one by one.

All I said was that your advice was falling on deaf ears... because she hasn't posted here since July of last year. We're REAL car enthusiasts here, and your Fast5 attitude won't get you very far.

FlightAirJ23
06-22-2011, 11:49 AM
civics are nasty lol i wouldnt wana go against 1. i go to the beach and spivics r everywhere with carbon fiber and turbos. so yea theyr nasty

Add your comment to this topic!