Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 civic

georgiadad
07-25-2010, 05:58 PM
What motor should i put in it.I have a d16a in it now.Any help would be appreciated.

vtechonda4life
08-18-2010, 08:13 PM
i have a d15bvtec,i really want to boost,would that be any good thu?

jasonnastley
06-23-2016, 04:50 PM
do you have a Civic EX grade ?

MikeCStig
06-24-2016, 01:45 PM
You have a lot of options, you just have to decide what you want from your car and how much you're willing to spend.

One of the most popular is a B16A swap. These are the engines from the Civic Si (USDM), Si-R, and type r (JDM). It's easy, it works with little or no modification to the engine mounts. It may even work with your current transmission. You also have DOHC VTEC and high compression, so you'll want to go all motor. A turbo won't do much good with this engine. What you get with a B16A is the type of engine that does its best work at the top end (6000+ RPM)

Another swap worth looking at is a B18A or B18B (Integra LS/GS) Theyre lower compression non vtec DOHC engines that respond very well to forced induction. You can also put a B18C (GS-R and type-R) head on pretty easily. This is often known as the LS/VTEC swap and its very popular for good reason. Using the LS block will cut the cost of trying to find a complete B18C (they're not cheap). And it's a more versatile setup. You can go forced induction or swap out the pistons and/or camshafts for higher compression and go all motor with good results.

One more I'll bring up is the H22A (preludes from '92 on). This one is a bit tricky because you'll need a mount kit and some other modifications But it would be a great engine to have in a civic. Plenty of power both mid-range and at the top end. It's not an easy swap, but a lot of people say it's well worth it.

i have a d15bvtec,i really want to boost,would that be any good thu?
Maybe with a small turbo, a big turbo on an engine that small would lag pretty badly. You are somewhat limited because you can only get so much out of a d-series engine. That's why these swaps are so popular.

jasonnastley
06-24-2016, 07:18 PM
Japanese D15B Vtec engine will be the best option.

Add your comment to this topic!