Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'97 LHS Vibration When Accellerating

Tazman97
07-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Need Some help with my 1997 LHS please. I'm having some problems getting rid of a serious shake and vibration when the car is accellerated. When not under a load it is relativley smooth,touch the gas pedal at all and it starts to shake. It seems to be at it's worse when you make any turn to the left. A right turn and it will almost stop any shaking at all. We have replaced both CV axles, both hub assemblies, and installed both oil filled motor mounts and none seemed to help. also have noticed that when 1st started in the morning before the car has been driven any distance the shaking is a bit less. Hoping someone has an answer for me as I've about ran out of hope. Thank you in advance for any help. :wink:

PS the car has 140,000 but runs strong and doesn't seem to use any oil.

highlander7k
07-11-2010, 10:31 PM
Have you checked the control arm bushings and tie rod bushings? If you have slack in the steering wheel (5 to 10 deg.), then your bushings are shot because that slack is compounded at the wheel end of the vehicle.

Have a garage check it out and let me know how you made out.

Tazman97
07-13-2010, 10:13 AM
All checked out OK. Someone mentiomed the Trans mount which we didn't chane and also the body mounts. Anyone have any idea whats involed with those?

Add your comment to this topic!