Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

my stock air intake is worn...

saber85
07-04-2010, 02:48 AM
Hello fellas and ladies,

My stock air intake hose (i think it's also known as an air intake duct) that connects to the air filter housing box, is worn out on my 94' Eclipse 2.0L N/T GS. A replacement hose from the dealer is over $100. I was wondering if the $30-$50 short ram air intake tubes on the internet would be a good replacement? I want to keep the air housing box installed because it would be hard to attach the MAF and cover to the short ram air intake system's filter. I just want to simply replace the worn factory air intake hose with the short ram air intake's aluminum tube. I have a K&N filter in the housing now. I rather not spend $100 for the OEM intake hose at the dealer; I also rather not try to mess with the air filter housing and MAF too much, especially since I live in strict ass California. I saw some pictures of the short ram air intakes on the internet that look like they will fit in the engine compartment, with the housing still installed. But I am not sure. The sites' had 30% restocking fees too.

Add your comment to this topic!