Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please help! -paint estimate

helpme1234
06-18-2010, 04:25 PM
i scrape another persons door and was wondering how much it would be to paint they're car. its about 5 inchs long, on the sliding door of a mini van i beleive its the honada odessy pictures are below. I live in canada by the way (vancover). please help me i want to know how much i should save up to fix there car :frown:

i called around and tried to describe it but the price ranged anywhere fromm 250-800 i was just hoping for more of a set cost
ps there might be some denting

LearnAutoBody
06-19-2010, 07:11 AM
Well, the damage does not look like it will take too much, but it is on the edge. Therefore, after repairing the damage the will probably need to blend the paint into the adjacent panel. This will result in more paint materials and labor. It is hard to give you a price as it will vary greatly from one area to another. Even one shop to another may vary some. It is hard to tell how extensive the dent is from the photo, but I would think in the ballpark of 2 to 3 hours. Then full paint time on the door + clear coat and blend time on the door. With that said, the 250 sounds too cheap. And 800 sounds a little steep. Although, I do not have a clue of what the labor rate in in your area. I know this was not a lot of help, but it is the best that I can do. Does anyone else have advice for this person? Any other Vancover members on here? Thanks, Donnie

Add your comment to this topic!