Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

There is nthing moe frustrating than missing pics from threads!

dingmyride
05-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Hey Guys & Gals...

I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but, I quite enjoy looking at the older posts and threads on here, reading the deails and checking out the pics... but one thing that is really starting to piss me off, is the number of threads still on here where the pics have been deleted from say photobucket, and I think most of you will agree, most of this stuff is worthless without pics.

I don't know if anything can be done, I mean, there sometimes is still some good info on them, but the pics really do make the thread, especially in a WIP thread....

Prolly nothing can be done, I got no ideas.... just had to vent my frustration of getting excited at reading one particular build, that had pics for the first 5 pages, then nothing thereafter, and it was like 30 pages long!

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now :P

guiwee
05-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Well the problem is as you so eloquently put it.... they are older
posts so people sometimes take them down ,delete them(by accident or otherwise)..move them around in their photobucket,flivkr...etc...
and poof!! they gone...lol

BVC500
05-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, it sucks, but it happens

hirofkd
05-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I think each thread-starter should be responsible for restoring photos when asked. (You just have to ask nicely.)

If any of my threads are missing photos, all you have to do is send me a PM with the link, and I'll restore photos.
And I'm sure many of us, who keep backup on their PC, should be able to do that fairly easily.

MidMazar
05-11-2010, 08:55 PM
I hate seeing all those xxs in the meet sections. :banghead:

dingmyride
05-11-2010, 09:32 PM
hey all... true, they are older threads and some people just forget the links and such, still is frustrating.. could there not be some kind of WIP archive where certain threads can be hosted by AF to ensure the pics stay "put"?

Don't know if that is possible at all... just a thought....

There is some brilliant work going on there, and a lot of techniques explained that arent covered in the FAQ's...shame to see these great builds and pics disappear.

quadzero
05-13-2010, 12:34 AM
I used to remove my pics after my threads got fairly old. But I know your frustration as I was once going thru old threads, finding many great projects I had missed. Having seen those X's too many times I now leave my pics alone or try and restore as many as I can that I removed from photobucket long ago.

Add your comment to this topic!