Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

parts question

04-29-2003, 10:53 PM
:bloated: I am redoing a 1965 triumph spitfire. I was wondering if parts from a certain company would fit. The company is: Victoria British Ltd., sprite & Midget. So I guess the stupid question of the day is...What is sprite and midget? Are they a type of car, or the actual name? And will the 1965 sprite parts fit in a 1964 Spitfire? Please help!:alien: :confused:

04-30-2003, 12:05 AM
Sprite or Midgit is an MG from about the same period as the spitfire.

The early ones used the old A series engine, same as in the Mini, MGB Austins and Morris's etc etc.

But after British Leyland took over the Midgit/sprite was fitted with the engine and g/box from the Spitfire! :D (which is the same as the Herald, and I think the early 4cyl TR4??)

So if they have parts for the later Triumph powered Sprites then you can use them for engine parts but Im afriad thats it.

Your best source of parts is im afriad the UK which mean paying for shipping.

By far and away the best source of parts would have to be : http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/

You should be able to order enough new and reconditioned parts from them to almost build a completly new car!

Also looks like a good site, and features a classifieds section.

Buying parts from fellow enuthsiasts is always the best option.
If you can find one in your area join a Triumph or classic car club, you would be amazed at what parts many members will have just lying around thier garages, and how prepared they are to almost give them away if they know they are going to a good cause.

04-30-2003, 10:06 AM
okay, thmak you. What about items such as seats, carpeting and mirrors? Those things are my main concern.

05-01-2003, 07:45 PM
Again a car club is your best bet for the best sources, as are links from the webistes I posted here and in the other thread.

Haveing a hunt around and doing some resurch is a must.
You might find that you can get complete seats for the cost of getting some old ones recovered, and that your local carpet shop can stich something up for half the price of some new Triumph ones.
You need to find a wrecker with a car, or even find a car that has been taken over totaly by rust to use as a donnor car.

Add your comment to this topic!