Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headlight issue on '04 Sedona

Brinismom
03-28-2010, 11:53 AM
I've changed the the DRL bulbs on my 2004 Kia Sedona mini-van MANY times before, so I'm very familiar with how to do it. (The car goes through alot of headlights--not sure why??) A few days ago, the drivers side DRL went out, but the new light wouldn't work. I'd bought a set so I tried the other one and that wouldn't work either. I looked at the old bulb and it looks fine--the filament is completely intact--so I'm thinking it didn't really burn out. I checked the fuse and that looked fine. All the wire covers seem OK. The hi-beams, directionals, and passenger's side lo is fine. All the functions associated with that light's relay work fine. (And, yes, I checked to make sure I had the right bulbs.)
Am I missing something? I'd like to avoid bringing it in for service, but it seems like there might be some electrical problem. (My husband reminded me that the same light burned out only six months ago.) Is that something that will show up on the diagnostic if I bring it to Autozone for one of their free scans? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I was laid-off recently from a job I had almost 10 years and money is a little tight. Thanks so much!:confused::confused:

Add your comment to this topic!