My trip to Cali

Heep
08-16-2001, 02:52 PM
Here are just a few select photos of some cars I saw:

First of all, to FINALLY end the debate about the existence of Ferrari Red 456's, here is the second one I've taken a photo of:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/329557456(red!).JPG

Second, a nice 550 Maranello:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/375925550m.jpg

Third, the ever lovable 355 Spyder:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/442161335s.jpg

Fourth, a small slew of Ferrari's, with a 512TR in front (especially for snowboarder927 :))

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/597960512tr.jpg

Fifth, we have the stunning new ($325,000) Ferrari 360 Spyder:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/243572360s.jpg

Sixth, the magnificent new Porsche 996 Turbo, with a rather large gathering of Porsches and Audi's in the background:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/993555996t.jpg

Finally, I just couldn't leave this dude out :D:D:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/665047dude.JPG

Enjoy. :D

DVSNCYNIKL
08-16-2001, 03:00 PM
Hey Heep!! Let me find out the dude is you!!!:hehe::hehe::hehe:j/k!

Heep
08-16-2001, 03:18 PM
LOL...I'm grateful it's not me.....:D:D

S Brake
08-16-2001, 04:39 PM
Heep, you are too good to me! that is a sweet 512TR! where is that dealership located? i am going to steve harris imports in SLC in sept. i'll be sure to take loads of pics for you all. i can only hope they have a selection like that dealer.

Porsche
08-16-2001, 05:02 PM
I'm going to La next March, I hope to be as lucky as yourself. That guy is cool!

Heep
08-16-2001, 07:58 PM
Snowboarder: That's Ogner Motors in Woodland Hills, CA. It's a Ferrari/Porsche/Audi dealership with a fairly large inventory. They're really nice there, too. I recommend them. I have a bunch more pics, too, that I might scan and put up later.

Porsche: I saw that dude at Venice Beach. He was talking some really wierd language...actually, I think he was just making up words cause it didn't sound like a real language, and nobody he talked to seemed to understand him. :D

Porsche
08-16-2001, 10:07 PM
Maybe he's been smoking one of those "Glass pipes" on the sign in the background.

gang$tarr
08-19-2001, 04:53 PM
wow, i would have never gone into a Ferrari dealership wearing clothes like that..... i admire your courage :) maybe it's just me, but i always feel like people are judging what i'm wearing, maybe that's why I'm a prep.... I wouldn't even take a step near a Ferrari dealership if i wasn't wearing a suit, i just wouldn't feel right....... i'd feel like everybody there is lookin at me, like i don't belong or somethin

then again that's only somewhat true, when I go with my dad to Ferrari of Ontario, he wears a suit and i just dress pretty much normally but still classy like khakis and a polo shirt

Heep
08-19-2001, 05:32 PM
I dunno. People realize that I'm not looking to buy a car, but they're usually still nice.

I'm gonna try to get a job a Ferrari of Ontario for one of my college co-op work terms...you'll have to come visit.

Porsche
08-19-2001, 09:27 PM
Story Time!

My friends dad just told me this recently. The was a weathly businessman In Ottawa (In like the 70's) looking to buy a Porshce. We had just gotten back from the Porsche place so it made sense and all, but anyways, he walked in looking like a beach bum and the salesmen pretty much brushed him off. POed he left the Porsche place and went to the Mercedes-Benz dealer on the next block (It's still there too.) and he bought himself a brand new 280SL. Drove it back to the Porshc eplace, Said "Fuck You", left clearly showing his new toy and the salesman was supposedly fired for bad customer service. Just goes to show you that dealers are now realizing that not everyone who wheres a suit or Polo shirts deserves service. I guess there realizing that cause whenever I go to a presitgious dealer, The older person I'm with is treated with good servie.

gang$tarr
08-22-2001, 09:41 PM
how many people do you see buying $250,000 cars wearing non-classy clothing? People that make that much money made it because of image and business or medical skills, how many people do you see working on Wall St. wearing bad clothing going to their office? none. The only people that would actually buy a new Ferrari and not wear classy clothing are lottery winners and famous people (like rappers).
If I saw a guy wearing the type of clothes you said that guy was wearing at a Ferrari dealership I wouldn't think he was going to buy a car either.

heep that's cool though that they were still nice to you, when I went to the international auto show I asked the Ferrari guy some questions and he was being the biggest fuckin jack ass ever, I wanted to grab a brick and smash his face :D Then my dad came over and started asking him question and all of the sudden he was all polite and nice.... AKURELKGHDKLFJDSKJF SDJ that made me so mad!! I wanted to kill that guy........ like I obviously couldn't buy a Ferrari but he could have been nice to me, how would he know if my dad isn't like Bill Gates or somethin

Heep
08-23-2001, 08:23 AM
I agree gang$tarr, how do those unfriendly guys know that I'm not a billionare kid? As far as I'm concerned, I'm NEVER going to buy anything from anybody who's a jerk to me now. I'd love to show up at some dealership full of jerks in my Ferrari that I got from somewhere else and rub it in that I didn't buy from them because they were mean to me as a teen :D

gang$tarr
08-23-2001, 05:27 PM
hehehe that's a good way to get back at them since they missed out on a 1/4 million dollar sale :)

Jay!
08-23-2001, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Heep
First of all, to FINALLY end the debate about the existence of Ferrari Red 456's, here is the second one I've taken a photo of...
I was right. :D

Heep
08-24-2001, 07:53 AM
Yup :D They do exist

My theory is that there are only Ferrari red 456GT's, and no Ferrari red 456M's

S Brake
08-24-2001, 09:55 AM
Are the 456M's faster? it runs in my mind that they are, but i'm not exactly sure because i haven't seen very many numbers on this masterpiece.

Heep
08-24-2001, 10:14 AM
I really don't know.....the M is newer than the GT though

Porsche
08-29-2001, 10:36 PM
I thought all were GT's an the only difference was for M-Manual and A-Auto, like the 456GT/M?

Heep
09-01-2001, 10:07 AM
The 456GT is the older one, like that red one, with larger front turn signals and slightly smaller grill. The M is newer and has smaller turnsignals, and round foglights in the larger grill. I've heard people call an automatic (ick!) 456GT a "456GTA" before, but I don't know if that is official.

gang$tarr
09-01-2001, 03:34 PM
i don't think car companies like Ferrari should offer auto transmissions.... they are driver cars, you're supposed to enjoy them for the drive not for show (even though they're a hell of a show :D)

Jay!
09-01-2001, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by gang$tarr
i don't think car companies like Ferrari should offer auto transmissions.... they are driver cars, you're supposed to enjoy them for the drive not for show (even though they're a hell of a show :D) Ditto. :licker:

Porsche
09-01-2001, 07:00 PM
Like the M5?. Remember though, Half of Ferrari's customers are the wives of rich old men who don't want to have a Ferrari for anything more than show & Status. Mclaren better not have made any Autos!

hermunn123
09-01-2001, 09:57 PM
you wont have to worry about that because everyone was a manual.

gang$tarr
09-01-2001, 11:59 PM
if they put an auto in a mclaren i would wanna go and sniper the person responsible.. hehe :)

hermunn123
09-02-2001, 12:10 PM
if you shot gordon murray, i'd shoot you! i'd shoot the customer who ordered a auto!

gang$tarr
09-02-2001, 10:03 PM
i'm sure he wouldn't even think of puttin an auto in

fearless_simian
01-01-2002, 07:40 PM
it has actually been my experience that a lot of the insanely rich people (middle aged guys at least) just don't care about their appearence when they are not in work. They know they have nothing to prove.
If I ever had the money to be looking at awesome cars and got razzed by a salesman i would find out if they get commisions and then find another sales rep next to them promptly and give tem my money.

Porsche
01-03-2002, 11:54 PM
Watch "Exit Wounds"

gang$tarr
01-04-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Porsche
Watch "Exit Wounds"

yeah that doesn't happen everyday at Lamborghini/Ferrari/Porsche/Rolls/Bentley dealerships

that's why it's called a movie :)

Tom_S8
02-16-2002, 12:11 PM
"Ms. johnson was shaking her ass" ... :p
I don't get it anyway , why does the salesman in the movie say it's not a 993 turbo but a carrera (what is obvious) , and then this fat black guy says yeah 8 cylinder and 600 hp and the salesman says 6 cyl and 475 hp.

475 Hp? :confused:

Add your comment to this topic!