Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1990 Lasabre inner door panel

Ironwolf
12-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Anyone can give me the steps in removing drivers inner door panel.
has power doors and locks. Don't want to force anything.

1990 Buick Lasabre

HotZ28
12-24-2005, 08:34 AM
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/party/fest22.gif

Do a search on this forum for "inner door panel" for some advice and suggestions.

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/party/fest37.gif

Ironwolf
12-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks, I'll try the straps first.

formzy
12-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Anyone can give me the steps in removing drivers inner door panel.
has power doors and locks. Don't want to force anything.

1990 Buick Lasabre

Easy job once you see how to do it. I own a '90 and have removed many of these panels. Here's how.

Remove switch panel by easily prying up.
Remove screw holding front of panel under switch trim.
Pop off rear deflector, remove screw.
Pry back fabric from door handle at both ends, and remove two large screws.
Remove visible screws(same size as above) 3 or 4 holding center of door panel to door frame. (you'll see them with switch plate removed)
Remove small cover over bottom of door side seat belt. Remove any screws visible.
Loosen seat belt cover on top of door by prying off gently and remove two screws. Slip belt through door panel fabric when removing panel.
Then pop off or pry off (door trim tool works great) with tool along bottom and sides. Door panel then lifts off. Good Luck

formzy
12-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Easy job once you see how to do it. I own a '90 and have removed many of these panels. Here's how.

Remove switch panel by easily prying up.
Remove screw holding front of panel under switch trim.
Pop off rear deflector, remove screw.
Pry back fabric from door handle at both ends, and remove two large screws.
Remove visible screws(same size as above) 3 or 4 holding center of door panel to door frame. (you'll see them with switch plate removed)
Remove small cover over bottom of door side seat belt. Remove any screws visible.
Loosen seat belt cover on top of door by prying off gently and remove two screws. Slip belt through door panel fabric when removing panel.
Then pop off or pry off (door trim tool works great) with tool along bottom and sides. Door panel then lifts off. Good Luck
After reviewing post and forgot to tell you how to remove the power door luck switch assembly.
Remove inner screw(torx) and slip off cover. Then pry off linkage from sliding switch inside. Good Luck again. Hopefully I covered it good enough. Doing one and telling how to do sometimes is different.

Ironwolf
12-28-2005, 06:29 PM
After reviewing post and forgot to tell you how to remove the power door luck switch assembly.
Remove inner screw(torx) and slip off cover. Then pry off linkage from sliding switch inside. Good Luck again. Hopefully I covered it good enough. Doing one and telling how to do sometimes is different.

I got the panel off once I found the screws hiding behind the inside door straps 3 days ago.
Yesterday I have been looking for the latches in the junk yard.
The drivers door will not open by turning key.
I went to Harry's you pull it in Pa no luck.

The passengers door is stuck,I did not check to see
what the problem is. Will not open from outside or inside.
Anyone has these latches. So many variations.
Some have a plastic button just below the lock.
What manufactuer and year will fit. My car has power doors and windows. Thanks for everything so far,

formzy
12-29-2005, 02:21 PM
I got the panel off once I found the screws hiding behind the inside door straps 3 days ago.
Yesterday I have been looking for the latches in the junk yard.
The drivers door will not open by turning key.
I went to Harry's you pull it in Pa no luck.

The passengers door is stuck,I did not check to see
what the problem is. Will not open from outside or inside.
Anyone has these latches. So many variations.
Some have a plastic button just below the lock.
What manufactuer and year will fit. My car has power doors and windows. Thanks for everything so far,

These cars seem to have trouble with the door latch/outside handle relase(button) If stuck or sticking you can't open the door with the handle(inside or out) or with the key assembly. Try working on the outside handle key assembly. If stuck the linkage inside screws everything up. I had a car '90 Olds Regency(basically the same line as Buick) that I lubed real well and had a customer bring it back to me the following month saying his wife couldn't open the door. I got panel off with door still closed (whata job that was) and got everything working only for it to stick again. He played around and lubed the button on the outside handle which was sticking through corrosion and says it hasn't happened since. Look to this area. Hope this helps.

Ironwolf
12-29-2005, 02:34 PM
These cars seem to have trouble with the door latch/outside handle relase(button) If stuck or sticking you can't open the door with the handle(inside or out) or with the key assembly. Try working on the outside handle key assembly. If stuck the linkage inside screws everything up. I had a car '90 Olds Regency(basically the same line as Buick) that I lubed real well and had a customer bring it back to me the following month saying his wife couldn't open the door. I got panel off with door still closed (whata job that was) and got everything working only for it to stick again. He played around and lubed the button on the outside handle which was sticking through corrosion and says it hasn't happened since. Look to this area. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll try it. Lots of the cars in the junkies had that problem.
I bought a really nice la Sabre from the auction. It looked like a bad radiator only. Now the door problem. Who wants to keep climbing in from the passengers side.

Ironwolf
12-30-2005, 05:09 PM

I had a good day today. I sprayed WD40 on the front lock, and worked it a while. Working nice now. I can open the door from the outside, Yaaa.
The back door is more tricky. I had to remove the back seats to pull
part of the inner panel off to expose the lock. Some of the linkage was off when I saw the inside. Maine problem was the door knob actuator on
latch was not returning. When you push in door handle no tension.
, but the problem there was also the same ,lubrication. I have it working 90 %. A little more free play in the latch and I can yell Yaaaaaaaaaaa.
If you have this type of car and everything is working lubricate now. One day you will turn the key and nothing will happen.
Thanks for the advise.

formzy
12-31-2005, 01:06 PM
I had a good day today. I sprayed WD40 on the front lock, and worked it a while. Working nice now. I can open the door from the outside, Yaaa.
The back door is more tricky. I had to remove the back seats to pull
part of the inner panel off to expose the lock. Some of the linkage was off when I saw the inside. Maine problem was the door knob actuator on
latch was not returning. When you push in door handle no tension.
, but the problem there was also the same ,lubrication. I have it working 90 %. A little more free play in the latch and I can yell Yaaaaaaaaaaa.
If you have this type of car and everything is working lubricate now. One day you will turn the key and nothing will happen.
Thanks for the advise.
Glad to hear your getting there! My '90 LeSabre which I've owned for the last 6 years is kept super clean and garaged, and haven't had to lube etc. Maybe keeping everything clean worked for me. Most people these days keep their cars outside(garage full of junk) unlike us oldtimers who thought the garage's purpose was formost to house the car. I live in Michigan and the salt will mess up the handles. If in warmer climates, the problem probably isn't as common in these cars. Glad I was able to help.

Add your comment to this topic!