This is not humane

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

igor@af
08-01-2001, 08:35 PM
This is the o' beautiful Skyline GT-T.
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/1.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/2.jpg

This is what happens when you have had so many tickets the state is left with no options but to destroy the root of the problem [Arizona]

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/3.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/4.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/5.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/6.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/7.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/8.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/9.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/10.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/11.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/12.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/13.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/14.jpg
http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/15.jpg

I know really question the human race....:(

primera man
08-01-2001, 08:44 PM
Im lost for words:confused: :confused:

WTF ?????

R35
08-01-2001, 09:02 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WHAT THE $@^%#@*^)%*^^*&@_+(%^!_#$^ ARE THEY SMOKING!?!?!?!!?

Let me get this right, some idiot can't control his lead foot so they impound his car and TRASH IT?! Why not impound the car and AUCTION it off?! They just wasted a totally good car, plus tax payer's money to have the car TRASHED!!!!!

Now I noticed that the first pics of the GT-T is not the same as the picture of the one the TRASHED! Looks like the TRASHED GT-T was in a wreck (major dents on the side), but that's still no way to spend tax payer money on TRASHING a totally good car.

Think my dog and I are going on a "dumbass" hunt, bring yer shotguns boys.:aug2:

super 96 accord
08-02-2001, 01:01 AM
AAARRRGGHHHH!!!! Why did I have to look at this right before I went to bed?? Now I'll never get any sleep!!

R33
08-02-2001, 03:07 AM
That's it. I am not moving to Arizona for certain! That's like living on the Planet of the Ape man.....

Jay!
08-02-2001, 04:47 AM
This is a good argument for the "no" side of the Are we Mature? (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t4593.html) [as a society] thread.

SkylineUSA
08-02-2001, 05:15 AM
Look on the bright side, he saved his rims:D

Why didn't they just throw the dumba$$ in jail, and leave the car alone. It wasn't the cars fault.

MAN THAT IS A SHAME!

Igor, where did you find those pics?

Moppie
08-02-2001, 05:25 AM
Wow thats really sad.
But theres a few little things wrong.
The Car suddenly gains diffrent mags before it goes to the wreackers, its also gets totaled. The chassis is clearly bent in the top pic where its sitting on the truck, and the passenger side Air bag has gone off.
There also a wheel that goes missing while the car is being munched on the ground, then reappears in the upside down in the air photo.
Looks like someone totaled thier car and thought they would have some fun at the wreackers with it.

Still even thoughs its a wreck it a great waste of the remain sof the great car, theres heaps of great bits in there, from the diff to the interior. (im not even going to mention the engine)

To who ever did that :devil:

DVSNCYNIKL
08-02-2001, 07:30 AM
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

MAKE HIM STOP!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad:

She's dead!:( :(

BASTARDS!!!!:flipa: :flipa:

Funeral services will be held tomorrow in the grand voyeur of the AF forum!:(

SkylineUSA
08-02-2001, 02:20 PM
MotoRex said it was Nissans car, and for legeal reasons it had to be crushed. They also said it was a GT-S.

IN VTEC
08-02-2001, 06:07 PM
Reminds me of a wrestling match...couple of elbow drops, a leg drop, SUPLEX@!, and then a body slam to finish. :bloated:

Kimo
08-02-2001, 10:55 PM
see what happend was= when the guy got it to the usa - probly he had it shipped with the navy or something- he didnt have it all fixed for us standards- so what they do is crush the car on the spot- they wont let it go- cuz it has leaded gas tank and all-

rb-26DETT-Z
08-03-2001, 12:01 AM
this is not a gtr its a gt-s like someone said above. i dont think anyone would be interested in it in the states. performance not very good compared to the gts-t and R but still kinda sucks :(

SkylineUSA
08-03-2001, 07:09 AM
rb-26DETT-Z,

Did you do that, or did you buy it like that. I was thinking about doing something along those lines. How does it handle? Is it just the engine? That is way cool. :cool:

rx7forum.com
08-03-2001, 10:54 AM
As originaly posted by Neo_Omega at www.RX7forum.com
got some new info. that's no someone car. It's nissan's car. It for testing.

There have been three Skylines in Phoenix because the Nissan proving grounds is here. I was at a local car show and one fellow who works for Nissan brought a yellow Skyline to show off. This model was single turbo in-line six with rear wheel drive only. He said that it is scheduled to be destroyed/crushed in July(There's your car). The V-spec and the other one were destroyed in a car crusher last year. They can only bring these cars over for testing for a limited time. It's cheaper to destroy the car than to send it back to Japan. They have to video tape it being destroy as proof to the DOT. Nothing can be taken off the car, no seats, emblems, tail light. The whole car and engine.

02G20T
08-03-2001, 11:33 AM
I live in AZ and saw a blue SKYLINE pretty frequently about a year ago. I also see other Nisssan's like the bluebird and right hand drive Q' s which have a different name that I cannot remember. I'm not sure how much to believe but their is no way the State could confiscate and destroy your car unless you had illegally brought it into the country. It lloks like a POS anyway

SkylineUSA
08-03-2001, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the post. That makes it clear, the USA sucks.

Thanks to all the :finger: bureaucracy here.

People with an education suck, that's why I prefer to stay stupid and just complain about this world.:D

SkylineUSA
08-03-2001, 11:42 AM
Um, 02G20T did you just say that the Skyline looked like a piece of shit?

May all your children hit you up for college money.

igor@af
08-03-2001, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 02G20T
right hand drive Q' s which have a different name that I cannot remember

Nissan Cima :)

Slickismax
08-03-2001, 12:41 PM
On the fifth pic up, the white car up front is a Primera.....I wanna go to that junkyard!

Whitebread
08-03-2001, 01:22 PM
You are making me cry. Fo real, I'm crying right now. Why can't that be a Volvo or Yugo.

grl_racer
08-03-2001, 03:33 PM
yeah i live out here in Arizona, and i saw that car at the Pavilions for a car show... the car got crushed b/c the contract on the car was up, and it was not americanized.. the sylvia should be getting crushed soon as well.. :mad:
its a sad sad thing.. and irritates me..
actually me and my friends were asking the guy if we could just steal it so that way this horrid thing wouldnt happen.. but that was a no-go.. besides this car is a lil easy to spot :)

coulda taken it to mexico.. and painted it :)
heheh kidding.. wish it could of stayed... i wanted it to have my babies :D

Initial D
08-03-2001, 03:44 PM
What proving grounds is nissan using in the us?
If they are going to crush these cars anyway why don't
they do it in bonna'fied US DOT crash tests and publish the results
so it would be that much closer to legalizing gtrs for everyone.
Even in destroying cars theres useful data to be gained if done properly.

igor@af
08-03-2001, 03:47 PM
Yea, I wonder that too.....

and how could it possibly be cheaper to crush them than send them back to Japan?
That car for example is in the low $30k's, sending it back would only cost couple of thousand.....:confused:

grl_racer
08-03-2001, 04:13 PM
i dont know why they do it this way.. thats just what the guy from Nissan said and told us.

It didnt meet american standards so the contract was up on it..
so its gone :(

02G20T
08-03-2001, 06:24 PM
I thought the skyline was a POS? What's so great about it? I mean is it like a Turbo with kick ass suspension capable of pulling a g 0-60 in 4.8 and toppin out at a buck seventy five, or is it a POS?

igor@af
08-03-2001, 06:29 PM
What kind of post is that?

Initial D
08-03-2001, 06:56 PM
originally posted by 02G20T

I thought the skyline was a POS? What's so great about it? I mean is it like a Turbo with kick ass suspension capable of pulling a g 0-60 in 4.8 and toppin out at a buck seventy five, or is it a POS?

uh oh another poster who likes to run off at the mouth before finding out whats under the hood
maybee people like this should stick to bench racing or lurk a little longer before trashing other peoples rides:rolleyes:

Speaker96Z
08-03-2001, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Initial D

uh oh another poster who likes to run off at the mouth before finding out whats under the hood
maybee people like this should stick to bench racing or lurk a little longer before trashing other peoples rides:rolleyes:

Or, you might look up the word "sarcasm" in the dictionary.

Not saying he couldn't be just an idiot, I have no idea, but still.

02G20T
08-03-2001, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Initial D

Oh you have one? Picked up at the local Nissan store? Or did I read that they are not exported to the states? Maybe you could enlighten me on YOUR car. :smoka: :bandit: :bloated: :mad: :finger: :devil: :licker: :smoker: :silly2: :sun: :D :cool: :(

likwit rx7
08-03-2001, 10:54 PM
nooooo! that really sucks.

Initial D
08-04-2001, 12:31 AM
Never claimed to have one. I dont know where you read they arn't imported to the us becuase YES, you CAN buy them here 30,000+ from motorex.
(uh oh I sense lack of thought before writtting again)
And as far as my cars concerned I have a 95 gt mustang slightly moded for fuel economy. A small block duster with 320 hp and a big block 71 sattelite raod runner clone with air grabber hood 440 moded to over 410 hp. All cars constantly going over modifications in the quest for greater speed.
Future projects to include a 240sx to be converted to a silvia (i plan to get as close as humanly possible without right hand drive) and someday an r34 if they ever drop down to an affordable range.

Initial D
08-04-2001, 01:21 AM
I just found these old pics of my 71 sattelite on my HD(scans from old polaroids)
When I get a digital cam ill take newer pics.
The hood emblems say 340 magnum but it was the previous owners attempt to hide the fact it was a 318 (340 intake heads and carb) it had a cam headers, glass packs and 5 centerline autodrags in satin alumiminum(yup even the spare) p2656014 ta's on the back and 2257014s on the front-dont ask me why.
After a girlfriend wrecked it, it became a 440/727/323 suregrip car, the glacial ice blue paint was replaced with 69 seafoam green one of the nicest teals ive ever seen with custom white pearl stripes to duplicate the ones the previous owner had used (both gtx hood-fender stripes and road runner roof stripe.)
I loved the blue but thats the color my duster is and i didnt want 2 cars the same color.

Initial D
08-04-2001, 01:23 AM
dang second pic didnt make it first time around.

Dj Elektrique
08-04-2001, 02:07 AM
im nearly 100% positive thats here in Japan, as a matter of fact in Yokohama Japan at the Nissan recycling center where cars like that get crushed everyday, notice the warehouse in the background with the M on it, thats a company next to the Nissan center, the crusher is the exact same, the airplane in the sky in the one pic is probably from Haneda airport located about 10 minutes from that place, the white Nissan Primera RIGHT HAND DRIVE car in the pics, and the 2 different yellow Skylines, one from some random show in the US and another here in Japan.
I am sure also because i have been to that location here in Tokyo, its where my friend Marc bought his Cefiro for $600, and its where cars get crushed EVERYDAY just like that.

nvmymr2
08-04-2001, 02:30 AM
Hey DJ, I live here in Arizona, and I think it is in Arizona... Look at the fifth picture down, in the background you'll see a rock formation that you see all over here in the Phoenix Area. The Nissan Proving grounds are also in Gila Bend, about a Hour out of Phoenix. I went there with a friend of mine whos dad worked for Caltronics...

Kev

P.S. If anyone in the Arizona area wants to email me, I am going to be planning a big car meet here locally. nv_my_mr2@yahoo.com

rb-26DETT-Z
08-04-2001, 03:39 AM
I believe its in arizona too ;> notice the name on the car crusher ... no CATs in japan ;>

Dj Elektrique
08-04-2001, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by rb-26DETT-Z
I believe its in arizona too ;> notice the name on the car crusher ... no CATs in japan ;>

there are LOTS of CAT trucks and tractors here in Japan, I have been to this recylcing center a few times and it just looks way too much like the same place, also, what are the chances of a Japanese tow truck, Japanese Primera wagon right hand drive and R34 Skyline in the same junk yard if its in the US?
Also, The Nissan proving grounds in the states will usually have different cars then the ones that drive here at the numerous proving grounds, hell not even 15 min away from this base is a Honda, Nissan and Kawasaki test track. Plus the car in the pics looks to be a totally different car then the one as the sample in the first pic, but then again i could be wrong, maybe ill just go down to the Nissan Recycle yard and snap some pics of other Skylines being crushed as well as all the other sweet perfect cars going to waste.

Oddball
08-04-2001, 02:33 PM
Its a sad loss

R35
08-04-2001, 11:39 PM
Good idea DJ. You make a valid point about the coincidence with all those cars around. ME, I hope it is Arizona. At least that way there may be a chance that Nissan is trying to bring the Skyline state side, just wishful thinking:D

For those of you in Zona, some pics of that junkyard would help prove the location as well. Good luck to all.

As for the June bug that called the Skyline a POS!? Have you ever driven one? Been in one? Seen one in real life? Do you have any idea what the hell you are talking about?

You know for a million $ you can make your own car do whatever the hell you want 10 G's and 0-60 in yesterday. In the real world however a car that does 0-60 in 5.2 1/4 mile in 13.7 and pulls .94G's stock is not a POS!

I suggest you get your uneducated sorry butt back in your KIA and drive off to a forum that allows "sarcasm", try AOL.

I dub thee the "Human torch", :flamer: Flame on.

EliteAccord
08-05-2001, 01:57 AM
Ahhh!!! My heart hurts just seeing the pictures!!!!! ah well....at least it's not someone's car....but hey....by any chance..where is the video to it? i really want to see it...Im weird....I like seeing things destroyed......

ales
08-05-2001, 04:57 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! /inhale/
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McLarenFan
08-05-2001, 12:00 PM
Nasty shit, yaaaa.....
I wonder what legal problem the owner had.....?

tracktime
08-05-2001, 01:22 PM
I'd have to say that this skyline was crushed in the USA..

In addition to the evidence posted by other members of this board, you can add the following:

1) US-style Navistar/International 4700 cab flatbed tow truck

2) US-style flasher light bar

3) US-style flatbed roll-up body.

You won't find this tow truck in Japan!

Cheers,
Harry

Rich J
08-05-2001, 03:19 PM
Looking at the car I can't see any drive train or engine etc under it? Or are they taking from the car before being wrecked??

R35
08-05-2001, 03:36 PM
You have to read the whole thread Rich, many people claim that is in Arizona, one says Japan, but since the wheels are still on I would imagine that it's not a "stripped" model.

I don't know this for a fact, just seems logical since the wheels are there and I have seen similar things done to cars that were used for some type of testing.

It sucks but hopefully this was done state and Nissan got enough info off it to bring the Skyline to the US:D

Rich J
08-05-2001, 03:42 PM
Yeah just thought of that before your reply! DOH! And my fault for not reading the whole thread.

Oh well I'll hide in my hovle and come out when I have something sensible to say! :lol:

AzNsCruB46
08-05-2001, 10:00 PM
maN.....yAh guYz arE stOopid............IF YOU LOOK AT HIS FIRST 2 PICS........it has diff. type of rims......and then.......it also has a tail(spoiler)......and for some reason.....when it got impounded.......THE RIMS AND THE TAIL DISSAPPEARED...AND THE RIMS WERE NEWLY CHANGED WITH A SET OF NEW RIMS!.......OMG.......could dis be fake.....YES........kay....late:smoker2:

igor@af
08-05-2001, 10:06 PM
Hey welcome to AF!
Did you read all the posts in this thread? I'm pretty sure the wheels have been discussed - the guy from Nissan managed to swap the wheels while no one was looking, and put on ones that are far from the original in quality. So at least he saved the wheels.

Also, don't call people "stupid" on here ;)

Whitebread
08-06-2001, 11:01 AM
JEEZ, your kinda hostile.

R35
08-06-2001, 11:43 AM
Man you gotta love these kids that think speaking "KidD33 T4lK" is soo cool. Just say what you want in a simple manner so that people understand and "respect" you. Start off your post insulting other's and you will be banished to AOL:D

Also like Igor said Welcome to AF and by all means please read the whole post of any thread to make sure you are not repeating something that was already noted. Have a nice day and be kind or shut up:D

BTW: For everyone that keeps pointing out how the rims are missing in photo #10, take a look at what the crane does in #9 (crunch), now look at #10 again followed by #11. If you look closely you'll notice that the wheels are not missing, they just get crushed under the car, so when it gets flipped over in #11 it "magically" reapears.

Also did anyone have any luck getting photo's of this junk yard yet?

TTmitsu
08-06-2001, 10:57 PM
What a waste of a car!

:confused: :mad: :devil: Must kill arizona justice department

toubis
08-07-2001, 10:04 AM
Dibs on the engine!!!

focalBlur
08-08-2001, 01:17 AM
Personally I think that this is Japan

Why would you not have a flatbed towtruck like that in Japan
there are no compaines in japan that would make something like that so they directly import it from the USA

When I was in London in 1999 I saw trucks just like that, american trucks that are directly imported to Europe b/c there are no companies that build something like that
my $.02

and hello everyone

eghb
08-08-2001, 01:23 AM
just look at the pic on top it has different rims as the one that was crushed

focalBlur
08-08-2001, 03:08 AM
did anyone notice that in the third to last pic the airbag had popped out :D

Just thought that was kinda funny maybe this car was crashed or it may have jsut been from the "Cat" crusher

nismohkr
08-09-2001, 02:23 AM
WTF is wrong with those ppl?!!? HOw da fuck can anywan do dat to a skyline?! Damn ppl dun kno shiet~!..
Screw u impound~! :finger:

I'm so sad~! :(

even tho it may b a diff car.. but its still a damn skyline~!.. i wish i could hav one~!

200sx
08-10-2001, 04:04 PM
whats up, i havent been around for a while and the first thing i see when i get back its a testament to how fucking stupid laws and regulations can be in this fucking country(tell me when was the last time a politician used comon sence) that is the sadest scene i have ever seen, im going to cry

Morpheus XIII
08-10-2001, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by focalBlur
did anyone notice that in the third to last pic the airbag had popped out

This is a very good point, and I'm glad someone else noticed. Airbag systems are constitued primarily of sodium azide, which is extremely dangerous to all living creatures--including bacteria. When cars are set for wrecking, the yards generally remove the compound, or deploy the airbags themselves (the ignition with other compounds creates nitrogen and other harmless gasses) prior to wrecking. Since the car didn't have any serious frontal damage (generally, cars require a fair amount of speed for the system to engage upon impact) we can probably rule out that this car was wrecked in a collision, and was set for destruction for other reasons. The location, I can't say, but you all make good points, especially Dj Elektrique. I'm almost convinced that it IS just an everyday junking in Japan, but who knows.

In any case, regardless of where it took place, it's still horrid to see what it looks like. An analogy: You naturally feel sorrow when you hear of someone dying in a plane wreck. If you were actually THERE to witness the terror, or even just see pictures of it, your mindset would be completely shaken to take on other, more frightening, emotions...

$kyL1n3 0w17Z
08-15-2001, 02:33 PM
even for wuteva reasons dat it was crushed for, it's still a freakin skyline!!! :mad: when it comes down to tru skyline enthusiasts, reasons do not matta, tha car itself does. :) may dat skyline foreva race in peace in skyline heaven. :(

Add your comment to this topic!