Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

reprogramming keyless remote

madagascar
10-28-2005, 01:03 AM
Does anyone have the procedure for reprogramming a keyless remote for the 2001 Ford Escape? FCC ID on the back of the fob is CWTWB1U212.

Onblsht
11-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Turn key ON/OFF 8 times fast (do not start engine).

Press LOCK on the remote after the locks cycle on their own.

johnsonwingnut
07-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Remote Transmitter Programming
NOTE: All keyless entry remote transmitters (15K601) must be programmed at the same time.

NOTE: All previous transmitter identification codes (TIC's) will be erased when programming mode is entered.

NOTE: To program (or reprogram) the keyless entry remote transmitters into the generic electronic module (GEM)(14B204), carry out the following steps.

Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN eight times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. If the GEM has successfully entered program mode, it will lock and unlock all the doors.
NOTE: The first TIC must be entered within 7.5 seconds of entering the program mode and additional TICs must be entered within 7.5 seconds of the first TIC. The programming mode is exited whenever the timing constraints are not met.

Press any button on a keyless entry remote transmitter, and the doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed.
If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter, wait for several seconds and press the button again.
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, or wait up to five minutes after step 1, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been programmed (or reprogrammed), the GEM will lock and unlock all the doors one last time.

Morf
09-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Hi there guys

I hope there is someone out there to help me????

Ok i have a Ford Maverick 2.4 petrol R reg 1998 model & my alarm does not work & i have changed the batteries in the fob but i think it needs to be reprogrammed, does anyone know how to reprogram the keyfobs for a Ford Maverick please help.

Thanks alot guys

Morf :)

65comet
09-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Morf, I'd suggest checking in the Nissan Terrano forum for your answer. Most people looking in here are the 2001 and up Mazda style model Escapes/Mavericks.

Add your comment to this topic!