Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Aston Martin DB6 in Goldfinger

Ferrari 308
02-05-2001, 09:28 PM
Has anyone ever seen the James Bond 007 movies with Sean Connery? They were made back in the 1960's and one movie that he drove the DB6 in was Goldfinger :) I Love the DB6 :) It was nice and silver, and it was driving on a slalom road :D

I have to watch that again :p

Ferrari 308

autofan
02-05-2001, 09:31 PM
oh yeah, i remember that !
thats a sweet car.

JD@af
02-05-2001, 09:49 PM
I remember looking at this awesome scale replica of this Bond car. It was (is) an awesome machine. Great looks. Even without all the Bond gadgets, it was still awesome. I wonder what one in mint condition would go for today?

On a similar note, I kind of miss the uncompromised body styles of the 50's and 60's. There was no consideration given to crumple zones, low drag coefficients, etc. just looks. That never goes over too well in contemporary automotive design, but it does provide a certain purity of design in its lack of functional practicality. Those were the good old days.

Ferrari 308
02-05-2001, 10:24 PM
Hmmm... Mint Condition today... tough question :) I'd sure like to have one though :p

Ferrari

911guy
02-12-2001, 06:41 PM
Just a quick correction, the classic Aston Martin driven in the Bond series was a DB5, not a DB6. Very nice car indeed. It can also be seen in a few other bond movies, including Goldeneye.

LotusGT1
02-13-2001, 07:25 AM
Aditional information about Aston Martins in the James Bond movies.:

Bond has driven both the DB5 and the V8 Volante in his films. Who doesn't remember the darkgrey V8 with the rocketlaunchers. In Goldfinger he indeed drove the DB5 though.

Anyway, there is one V8 Vantage for sale :

Click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=555745974&tc=photo5358)

A DB5 is much more expensive I believe...

LotusGT1
02-13-2001, 07:33 AM
From The Official James Bond Site (http://www.jamesbond.com/mmpr/gc/mmpr_gc_1.html) :

Gadgets & Cars: Goldfinger

Aston Martin DB5 equipped with machine guns, oil dispenser, smoke screen, bullet-proof shields ejector seat, wheel hub tire slasher blades. Homing/tracking device.

Gadgets & Cars: The Living Daylights

Aston Martin Volante automobile with bullet-proof glass, fireproof body, guided missiles, jet engine booster rocket, convertible ice tires, snow skis hidden in door sills, laser-cutting device in wheel hubs, self-destruct mechanism; portable radio which fires mini-rocket ("Ghetto Blaster"); pen which duplicates what another pen writes by using
radio receiver; key ring which emits a stun gas on special whistle; key ring finder packed with highly concentrated plastic explosive activated by wolf whistle.

KennyH
02-13-2001, 07:50 AM
I wish i could find the post on Supercars.net- but the actual car used in Goldfinger- was stollen from a museum- funny article.

Ferrari 308
06-07-2001, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Top notch.

preluderacer101
06-08-2001, 02:16 PM
yeah that shit is tight

S Brake
08-21-2001, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Ferrari 308
Hmmm... Mint Condition today... tough question :) I'd sure like to have one though :p

Ferrari

i don't think you guys will be too happy with this, but some old people that live in my neighborhood have the actual DB5 that was used in the bond movies. it still has all the bond gadgetry that q supplied it with, but they havne't driven it for so long that its basically beyond reasonable repair. they make me angry, FYI i have seen it so i know it exists.

Porsche
08-22-2001, 10:18 AM
So are you saying that there the ones who stole it? Get a pic and I'll believe you.

S Brake
08-22-2001, 04:23 PM
stolen, hmmmm i don't know about that, maybe i should turn them in, j/k

gang$tarr
08-22-2001, 09:05 PM
i'm sure there was more than one DB5 used, each action movie with a car in it has more than one! they need back ups, like in fast and the furious the supra they used in the movie wasn't for sale it was just one that was made for the movie (i'm talkin about the one on e-bay) it even said, that no harm was done to this car, a replica was used in all stunts. So that the car doesn't get ruined

AMDBMan
03-20-2002, 03:37 PM
Though it was not a major icon of the series, James Bond also drove a '69 DBS Volante, in the late 60's film, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"

ell_d
04-11-2004, 06:18 PM
There were 6 DB5's used in the making of Goldfinger. 2 were unfortunatly written off during filming, one belongs to the Bond museum, and Aston has one. As for number 5 and 6, I don't know. Maybe there is a couple with a delapidated DB5 in there garage.
I do know that the reason for the multiple cars is that all of the gadgets that appeared on the film car, couldnt be fitted into one single car, so there was one where the ejector seat and bullet shield worked, one where the machine guns worked, etc etc. The two that were written of had no gadgets at all, and Aston gave them to the film with the purpose of crashing them! How depressing!
And an easy way of telling a DB5 from a 6 is the rear side winow. On the 5 it the top edge of the window follows the curve of the roofline, but on the 6, it bends sharply away at the back. Much like that of the new Astons.

Add your comment to this topic!