Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Performance chip will it work?

.-=BlueCivic420=-.
02-27-2002, 05:37 PM
I was wondering if I can put a performance chip in my 95 Honda civic dx automatic. I saw a few on ebay I read the info on them and it said they were unsure if it would work. any help would be appreciated thank you.:smoka:

90CRXZCSi
02-27-2002, 08:07 PM
I really dont think it will do much for a DX(no offense). it would be better for a B16A or something most likely.

.-=BlueCivic420=-.
02-28-2002, 03:27 PM
So basically ur trying to say is it won't work at all ? or what? It must do something... Well thanks again:smoka:

Si2000 Vtec
02-28-2002, 03:37 PM
To save the confusion and put it simply... don't waste your money. If I were you, I'd save your money for either FI or some quality bolt-ons.

SRHguru
02-28-2002, 03:56 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t32412.html

Here is a link to a post talking about chips and stuff, because I also was curious.

Brice
02-28-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by 90CRXZCSi
I really dont think it will do much for a DX(no offense). it would be better for a B16A or something most likely.

I agree man. I wouldn't waste my money on a chip or new ecu unless it's a car worth spending it on, and when I say "a car worth spending it on", I mean really high output all motor cars or FI cars. Other than that, I wouldn't waste my money on it until you really need it.

ric
02-28-2002, 10:38 PM
well you might as well not waste your money on a performance chip for your honda. just buy a bag of doritos and smash it into the ecu cause it is generally gonna have the same effect (and you would still be using a chip, sorta)......nothing. if you have a chip fetish like some do i suggest a nice 1.8t or a scooby, those should wet your chip craving palate.

madmax623
06-06-2004, 03:18 AM
Idk man. I put a chip in my Ex and it made all the difference in the world. changes the powerband totally. And for what 20 bucks off Ebay??? go for it.

kicker1_solo
06-06-2004, 05:41 AM
Idk man. I put a chip in my Ex and it made all the difference in the world. changes the powerband totally. And for what 20 bucks off Ebay??? go for it.
wow, you brought back an old thread from almost 2 1/2 fuckin' years ago man. :rolleyes:

jameskersten
06-06-2004, 10:16 AM
i wouldnt buy any "chip" off ebay. the problem with most of these chips is they are a generic chip, meaning they make 1000's of them all the same. you cant tell me everyone;s motor is the exact same, a good chip is programmed to your motor. ie. fuel/ignition curve based on your mods etc.. only good thing about some of these chips is they play with your vtec X over, which is bad sometimes too. i bought one of these for my b18c1 (skunk2 genaric ecu) and i can tell you only thing it was good for was a no fuel cut and higher red line, again that can be bad for some people. it dumped so much fuel it was retarded, i got worst gas milage then i had ever seen by a civic. a good tuner knows leaner is hp. i mean that to a point so dont think i mean run at 15psi on your fpr. when you tune a car you lean the motor out until you get knock, that is gonna be your peak hp, then give a bit more gas to eliminate the knock. these chips dump fuel therefore you get poor milage plus poor performance.
i guess these are all opinions but i cant deny the chip was terrible on gas and it wouldnt give enough performance to justify the milage.

madmax623
06-06-2004, 11:34 AM
hahaha I was wondering what would happen if I posted.

kicker1_solo
06-06-2004, 06:17 PM
hahaha I was wondering what would happen if I posted.
people would think you're a dumbshit, way to go, mission accomplished. :)

Add your comment to this topic!