Power question

Mike Tieson
02-19-2002, 02:45 PM
I need to supply power to my xm reciever, it has a yellow cable marked batter and a black one for ground. What do I tap these into? The head unit was easy with the harness, Im just confused as to where these two wires would go into, thanks

igo4bmx
02-19-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Mike Tieson
I need to supply power to my xm reciever, it has a yellow cable marked batter and a black one for ground. What do I tap these into? The head unit was easy with the harness, Im just confused as to where these two wires would go into, thanks

how much power does the receiver draw? i would guess a little amount. just tap into the the same power for the head unit or something. you don't have red wire? i was thinking they might need remote wire or something

Mike Tieson
02-19-2002, 03:37 PM
12v constant, no red wire, instead of the red there's a din cable that connects between the head unit and this small box

igo4bmx
02-19-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Mike Tieson
12v constant, no red wire, instead of the red there's a din cable that connects between the head unit and this small box

i was about to say.... so that "din cable" should include a remote to turn on the XM receiver when the radio is up and running.. justwire that yellow constant wire to anything . tell me how XM is when you're done!!

Mike Tieson
02-19-2002, 06:22 PM
well it just go activated and im getting radio from LA, NY, MTVu name it, bye bye CD's

Add your comment to this topic!