Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

An Illustrator Tutorial 2

yellowdoor
06-06-2003, 07:15 PM
Here is Stuff left out of the tutorial and extra stuff i have to say::

(1) My first ever car in illustrator was a side-on view. now i think of it, i should have done this tute that way.. but what the hell, it happens eh? if i can find the energy i'll do a simple side on of a ferarri or something next.

(2) this honda will be availabe as a download as soon as i can find somewhere to upload it. the illustrator file is only around 300kb so it will be an easy download and you guys can load it into illustrator and take a good look at it and play with it all you like.

(3) for you pencil drawers, i'm gathering some black and white outlines of my cars for you to trace/copy and play with ok? as i always say--- get the body perfect and you can do what you like to practice your shading etc.

(4) i have around 20 illustrator cars at home and my plan is eventually make them available for pencil guys as well as .ai format for illustrator owners to play with.

(5) On a final note... here's my final interpretation of the honda:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/735319mine.jpg

ridin_on_rails
06-06-2003, 09:53 PM
Very nice tutorial. I'd be more than happy to host your AI files if you need. Just send them to thetarho@thetachi4life.com and I can either post the links or email you the links for you to post.

asaenz
06-06-2003, 11:04 PM
That will be great when we are able to down load that.

Hey Yellow door should I be watching the watch this space thread still.

Or is this what you were talking about?

hee hee

al

Roboduck
08-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Thanks so much for your informative tutorials on Illustrator. I have been trying to learn it and have done many cars to date, but never really grasping the concepts... wheels, especially connecting the back ellipse with the fornt of the tire elipse.- hence, I usually leave out the treads aqnd side cuts.. your work is great, and your help to others - immeasurable. Thanks, Roboduck

Here is Stuff left out of the tutorial and extra stuff i have to say::

(1) My first ever car in illustrator was a side-on view. now i think of it, i should have done this tute that way.. but what the hell, it happens eh? if i can find the energy i'll do a simple side on of a ferarri or something next.

(2) this honda will be availabe as a download as soon as i can find somewhere to upload it. the illustrator file is only around 300kb so it will be an easy download and you guys can load it into illustrator and take a good look at it and play with it all you like.

(3) for you pencil drawers, i'm gathering some black and white outlines of my cars for you to trace/copy and play with ok? as i always say--- get the body perfect and you can do what you like to practice your shading etc.

(4) i have around 20 illustrator cars at home and my plan is eventually make them available for pencil guys as well as .ai format for illustrator owners to play with.

(5) On a final note... here's my final interpretation of the honda:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/735319mine.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!