Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headrest Removal..

BadasS10
05-31-2003, 04:32 PM
How do I remove the headrest on a bucket seat in a '99? Thanx.

Shortbus
05-31-2003, 06:21 PM
For most GM's...

When you pull the headrest UP. At the top of the seat there should be a plastic bezel on each side where the headrest post goes down into the seat. On one of these bezels there will be a small hole (on the backside) just big enough for a (large size) straightend paper clip to fit through. Once you have the headrest in the upmost position, insert the paper clip in the hole, and push the clip in with a little force and hold it, then pull up on the rest and it should come out.

You may have to work at it a bit as it is can be difficult to get the paperclip positioned just right.

Hope this works for you, as it is the only way I know of to do it.

Welcome to AF

BadasS10
06-01-2003, 10:25 AM
ok thanx for the help.

lilsweets3138
01-16-2008, 04:56 PM
OKAY..I tried everyones method on removing the headrest on a 97 cavalier. I even googled it. I tried everything and I can't get it off what so ever. The paperclip,screwdriver ideas were not working. Someone said to unzip the zipper..okay there is no zipper on my car. I broke both of the plastic bezel things that the poles slide in and even then I could not get them out. Some of you are prolly wanting to know why I want it off to begin with. I would like to put some chrome springs on that I got from JC whitney. I got them alooong time ago. Has ANYONE ever got theres to come off a 97?
Thanks

Classicrocjunkie
01-17-2008, 02:40 AM
Hmm, nope. I hated my stock seats.

Add your comment to this topic!