Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 04:41 PM   #1
gotafix
AF Newbie

99 gtp headlights issue

hi guys , new here , i need a little help, we have a 99 gtp when we first got it it was fine, the drl fuse was not in it , so i stuck one in it everything worked good until we ran the air conditioner and water ran on the passenger floor, then shortly afterwards the headlights went out. Now the drls work in the daytime but not at night and the headlights do not turn on at all with the dash switch? So no headlights at all except for the daytime running lights in the daytime, i am thinking its the sensor at the front of the windshield but dont know how to tell any suggestions would be helpful on how to tell and fix this ....still dont know what the deal was how water from the ac got in through the vent on the floor?
gotafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
tblake
In God We Trust

Send a message via MSN to tblake
Re: 99 gtp headlights issue

Run a search of the forum on the water on the floor board problem. There is a wealth of information. Mine was doing it too, once fixed, its been dry.

The DRL Headlight issue could be multiple things, but I am leaning towards a problem with the multifunction switch (turn signal stalk). Tell me, what happens when you turn your headlights on with the switch, do the drl's turn off, and you have no headlights? What happens when you turn your brights on?

You could always pull the DRL fuse again and see if the headlight issue does away. In that case, I would question the DRL module as the culprit.

BTW, welcome to AF!

AF "2.0" Community Guidelines

Conservative Victory 2012!!!

"I'll Keep my Guns, Freedom, and Money. You can Keep the Change!"

----->>>>> Did You Know? <<<<<-----
tblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
gotafix
AF Newbie

thanks tblake a couple of people told me the multi function switch was the deal also but i was still uncertain, OK when i turn the headlight switch on when the drls are on the headlights go off, also when the drls are on and i try to turn the high beams on, i see the high beam indicator light in the dash but it doesn't stay i think that's irrelevant, the dash switch feels good it does not feel sticky or jam up? huh! they want 500.00 at the Chevy dealer, 400.00 at one parts store, another one said 200.00 that's ridiculous. Now i know there is a module behind the radio, and a module in the upper left side of the dash by the door on the driver side, I'm not sure if that is a drl module though? or what its for, any more advice would be greatly appreciated otherwise i will start at the multifunction switch.
gotafix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
tblake
In God We Trust

Send a message via MSN to tblake

Yeah, it definatly sounds like an issue with the multifunction switch.

Stupid question, do your brake lights work when the pedal is pushed?

If it were my car, at the price, I would look into a used one. Ed Morads parts company is where a lot of us buy our used parts. He ususally has very reasonable prices, ships fast, and if there is a problem with the one he shipps you, he sends another free of charge.

Here is a link to his Ebay store. If you do not see what you need listed, send him and email, he probably has numerous multi-function switches.

http://stores.ebay.com/Morad-Parts-Company

AF "2.0" Community Guidelines

Conservative Victory 2012!!!

"I'll Keep my Guns, Freedom, and Money. You can Keep the Change!"

----->>>>> Did You Know? <<<<<-----
tblake is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand Prix