Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Hot and Not Express your opinion about this site here. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
maxima570
AF Newbie

how to delete an old thread?

The edit button says edit/delete, i searched but could not find an answer, couldn't find it in the faq, on the other forums there is a clear delete option, not new to forums, etc.. if anyone sees this please delete the following thread, thanks.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=484854

My suggestion: Clearly mark a thread delete button next to the edit button

btw, how is it spam if its posted in the cars/parts for sale/exchange? rhetorical question...
maxima570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #2
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Re: how to delete an old thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxima570 View Post
The edit button says edit/delete, i searched but could not find an answer, couldn't find it in the faq, on the other forums there is a clear delete option, not new to forums, etc.. if anyone sees this please delete the following thread, thanks.
Only Moderators and administrators have the power to delete a thread. The EDIT button is to change any words or text in your message . The forums are a source of info not only to you but other members now and in the future. It is like an online encyclopedia where they can use the search function to find other threads that deal with the issue they are having. Part of having this is maintaining those threads for future members. If members deleted their threads after they found a solution for their problem, how can that help someone next week or next year with a similar issue? ( I know this really isn't relevant in this particular case, but you see where I'm going as to the reason why we don't allow deletion of threads.)I will go ahead and delete that thread for you since it's in a particular sub forum that doesn't really have any archival value.

Quote:
My suggestion: Clearly mark a thread delete button next to the edit button

btw, how is it spam if its posted in the cars/parts for sale/exchange? rhetorical question...
Since members aren't allowed to delete their own threads, there won't be a DELETE button.
As a Moderator, we have certain functions at our disposal. One of them is any moderating action done on a thread and by whom. I looked at your thread, and wanted to let you know that it is not spam. The member who posted that was misinformed. Rather, you posted it in the wrong forum. There is no selling in any forum that does not contain a classified section. If you wish to sell or are looking for something, the proper forum is the Cars/Parts For Sale/Exchange forum. Your thread was moved to that forum shortly after it was posted, but not before that other member came in and posted. Generally if a thread is moved such as yours, there will be a notification on the main forum page with an arrow and the words "Moved". You can still click on that thread in the forum you posted it in but if you look at the header at the top of the page of your thread you will see that the forum it is located in is different. I can't tell the original forum you posted it in, I'm guessing the Blazer or Trailblazer forum, but it's new location is the Cars/Parts For Sale/Exchange forum.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #3
Seki99
AF Newbie

Re: how to delete an old thread?

members aren't allowed to delete their own threads

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not