Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery
Completed Projects / Gallery Post all completed works in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Revell (Also Monogram) Bugatti EB110

And one more for this weekend's update.
The fabulous EB110.

This is one of my earliest started kits and there have always been lots of little things that stopped it from being finished but here it is anyway.

One of two existing kits of this car, this kit boasts the better looking engine, more accurate exhaust plumbing, better wheel hub assemblies and better construction in general. It does however, have Revell's silly wheels system, smaller wheels and a body that somehow doesn't look as voluptuos as the Heller/Airfix kit.

Paint on this one isn't the best as it was done maybe 3 years ago before I finally got the hand of it. You'll see where the paint has pulled from the edges and how the improperly finished primer has left wave-type deformations in the subsequent clear coat and reflections.

Since I started this, someone else solved the problem with the rear lights of this kit. If I were to build it again, I would surely nab that method of doing them.

Engine bay is a joy.
The Heller/Airfix kit has nicer smaller turbos but plumbing here looks better.
This engine is sscreaming out for detailing but warning, the exhaust/turbo plumbing needs to be very carefully checked AND you need to check that the body still goes over it all afterwards other wise, the rear deck lid doesn't fit properly....

...as you can see here.

Also, it takes only a few out of alignment places and the body refuses to mate cleanly with the chassis. It took lots of glue in lots of places to finally get mine to close properly.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
Rye 21
AF Regular

Re: Revell (Also Monogram) Bugatti EB110

huh, never seen this kit in person. Looks nice.

Chevy Power
Rye 21 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > Completed Projects / Gallery