Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
MidMazar
AF Fanatic

Aoshima R34 Z-tuned a little

I managed to upload some pics i took of one of my many projects on the bench. Its a aoshima r34 skyline z-tune. Wanted to make it oob but i always steer away from doing so.
I plan on adding a few things like, fujimi wing (short one almost like the one sas made), cf hood, seat belts, cut out windows so they look halfway down, scratch muffler, and some mods to the wheels.

So here we go:
First pic is of the started chasis, i've recently saw a lot of modelers including bob use blue tac for masking parts that are too tough to do with tape. This was my first try and i gotta say i think i found a new technique. The chasis is no where done, just a couple things painted.

This is how the hood turned out, i used studio 27 carbon fiber, then coated with TS clear.

Brakes im going to use, have to modify them to fit, will post pics of how i do it later on.

I used stock wheels, i believe they are te27 18". I thought they looked plain so i decided to put sleeves on them. Cut the wheels and cleaned them up.

I casted a few sleeves that came with the super advan 2s. Put the wheels and sleeves together and this is how they look. I plan on painted the centers of the rims black and painting the lips aclad chrome. I haven't made up my mind yet though, any suggestions?

Rear end shot, body was painted pure white ts over white primer. I layed the paint a little too thick, whooops oh well, i'll have to deal with it. Body still has to be polished out. Lights in.

And lastly heres what a mock up looks like.

Let me know what you guys think. I plan on making this progress thread updated with lots of pics as its a first for me. I tend to have very short threads. Thanks for looking.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
Twowheelsrule
AF Enthusiast

Re: Aoshima R34 Z-tuned a little

I am curious if white rims with chrome centers would look good. Good work on the hood!

Looking good so far!
TW
Twowheelsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
tuned.by.twenty
AF Vendor-TBT's Owner

I agree with the above comment-white wheels lips. Of course it's up to you, but I think it'd look pretty good.

Good work so far, I really like what you're doing with this.
tuned.by.twenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #4
xpeed
AF Enthusiast

The rims aren't TE27s. They are Nismo LM GT1 Rims made by RAYS.

Great progress so far. I really need to pick up on my Sileighty project.

Lexus LF-A Roadster Concept with my bodykit design

"Current Projects"
Nismo Kure GT-R - 0% Sileighty/Onevia - 35%/25%, MCR R34 GT-R - 10%, R34 JGTC Xanavi - 30%, JGTC Raybrig NSX - 0%, 2009/2011 WRX STi - 50%/0%, D1GP Kazama S15 - 55%, Toyota Celica - 2%, Calsonic Z Super GT - 0%, Calsonic R32 GT-R Race car - 5%, C-West RX-7 - 40%, Nismo 350Z 5%, Blitz Chaser - 90%.... a lot of unfinished work.
xpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #5
sportracer02
AF Enthusiast

Hood looks great!!

Concerning the wheels: IŽd bring the inserts more to the outside on the frontwheels
Old 07-30-2009, 01:25 AM   #6
snk33y

Hood looks fantastic,very neat! I like the Idea of dishing out the wheels but im not feeling the front tho... I think if the dish was staggered it would look better, leave the rear wheel as it is then halve the depth of the front and it will be spot on.

Last thing you want is this thing looking like a Jada toy unless thats the look you are going for. Great work! very clean..Coming back here and seeing good work like this is getting me inspired to build again..Keep up the good work!
Old 07-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
rallymaster
AF Enthusiast

I love the wheels modification !!
I don't know if front and rear wheels have different deepness (like Micha sugested) but I would also put the insert a bit more to the outside, but both front and rear. That may make the wonderfull brakes more visible I think...
Nice model, and great work, a thread I'll follow

rallymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
MidMazar
AF Fanatic

Little update:

Got the chasis and wheels mocked up to how they will look. I used blue tac-n-tape to hold everything together. I just can't stop using that silly putty (blu-tac) stuff! Only thing i have to do is have the rear wheels go into the wheel wells a mm or so. I also made the front lips smaller, and thanks for the advice because i think it does look better. Just some minor adjustments and the wheels will be painted.

I decided to cut the windows off and make them seem like they are rolled down almost. I cut them out and cracked one of them, so i used clear styrene instead. They will be tinted as i think it will go with the white?

The brakes were a pain as no calipers were small enough to fit behind the wheels because they are soo recessed in. And i wanted big brakes, its a skyline PEOPLE. So i used some fujimi brembo brakes, cut off the rotors and sanded the backside of the calipers. I plan on painting them gold or maybe red.

Also the seats are almost done, semi-gloss black and bright red. Little more detailing needs to be added to them and belts will be added. The interior not noticable in the pics was also painted red and black.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #9
snk33y

Very neat! Shes startin to take shape now.Yeah big brakes on a GTR! I say go red for the calipers.The front wheel looks much better, dont get me wrong I love deep dish but going staggered is killer :P

I like the idea of the window half down, this is something I wanted to do on some of my cars as well so you get a nice peek inside the interior.

As far as tinting them yeah I say go for it! it would compliment the white paint work, im such a sucker for white JDM cars. One thing I've noticed tho...most JDM cars that i've come across as well as mine when I got it imported direct from Japan, they never seem to have the front windows tinted, its usually the back and rear only. I wonder if this is intentional??
Old 08-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
joegtr
AF Newbie

love the rims and you gota go red on the calipers lol keep up the work
joegtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
xpeed
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by snk33y View Post

As far as tinting them yeah I say go for it! it would compliment the white paint work, im such a sucker for white JDM cars. One thing I've noticed tho...most JDM cars that i've come across as well as mine when I got it imported direct from Japan, they never seem to have the front windows tinted, its usually the back and rear only. I wonder if this is intentional??
That's because it's illegal to have tints in the front in Japan as well as most other countries, especially in the USA.

Lexus LF-A Roadster Concept with my bodykit design

"Current Projects"
Nismo Kure GT-R - 0% Sileighty/Onevia - 35%/25%, MCR R34 GT-R - 10%, R34 JGTC Xanavi - 30%, JGTC Raybrig NSX - 0%, 2009/2011 WRX STi - 50%/0%, D1GP Kazama S15 - 55%, Toyota Celica - 2%, Calsonic Z Super GT - 0%, Calsonic R32 GT-R Race car - 5%, C-West RX-7 - 40%, Nismo 350Z 5%, Blitz Chaser - 90%.... a lot of unfinished work.
xpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #12
ravan17
AF Regular

i like it, i think it looks very clean
ravan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:37 AM   #13
KevHw
AF Enthusiast

I like what you've done with the rims. It looks good in white too. I think met blue callipers might be good and different from the standard red. Still, your choice.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #14
MidMazar
AF Fanatic

A little more progress:

B-pillars are getting made as we speak, seat belts will be added along with some washes.
I scratchbuilt some seat belt buckles from styrene. BMF applied on the reardeck speakers.

Chassis almost done, needs some detail painting here and there and a wash.

I decided to put carbon on the lower lip, skirts and rear skirts. Still awaiting for clear coat. Studio 27 decals were used.

I scratch built the mufflers from aluminum tubing. I need help deciding on which one to use. I might build another one just a bit bigger than all of these shown. They will be polished up, general shape is just showed.

Here is where i ran into a problem, i painted the wheels with alclad black. All good until i used testors clear gloss, bubbled up like crazy on two of the wheels. Then i decided to strip them and put them in some laquer thinner. Well come to find out the thinner ate them up like a fat kid at burger king! I didn't spray two of the other ones, thank god. So now im waiting for some wheels to come in. Heres how the good ones came out, still need a wash and the lugs need to be painted.

Thats all for today, should have this one done sometime soon.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #15
ravan17
AF Regular

i personally like the bigger sized exhausts on tuner cars, so the 3rd one is my pick
ravan17 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street