Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sienna
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
turris
AF Newbie

2004 sienna cracked dashboard

I have a 2004 sienna recently i notice cracks in the dashboard,anybody with the same problem? Thanks.

Last edited by turris; 07-22-2009 at 09:02 AM.
turris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
arkraider
AF Newbie

Re: 2004 sienna cracked dashboard

Im in miami also....i have a hairline crack that extends from one end to the other along the front edge.
arkraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:56 PM   #3
rensogitano
AF Newbie

My brother-in-law is having the same problem, with his 20004 Sienna. He is fighting this with the dealership and the manufacturer.
rensogitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:57 PM   #4
turris
AF Newbie

If anyone gets results in resolving this problem with Toyota, please let me know.

I am contacting the Customer Service at Toyota Motor Sales in California -- phone number is 800.331.4331.
turris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
sulooo
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: 2004 sienna cracked dashboard

I have 2004 toyota sienna xle and dash board cracking from top and side i live in west palm beach florida. I did contact with toyota motor in california but so far no response.
sulooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:40 PM   #6
rnaka65592
AF Newbie

yup, same problem with my 2004 sienna, the dash is cracked all around, went to the dealer, they took some photo's and sent it to corporate, in the mean time dealer offered to give me a new dash but i would have to foot the labor bill! ($900) b.s. i own a body shop so they are being kinda cautious as to what they tell me...
rnaka65592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
cdanna
AF Newbie

I have the same problem with my Sienna. When I called Toyota, they told me that they did not have a record of anyone calling about that issue.

Has anyone got this issue resolved?
cdanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
safman16
AF Newbie

I also have the same problem. Right over the instruments on the curve part of the dash. It's cracked from one end to the other. Anyone get anywhere with Toyota?
Thanks.
safman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
icexprt
AF Newbie

I have the same problem with my 04. Noticed first crack about a month ago and within a couple of days noticed a second crack. One is on the right side starting from the far front edge where the speaker grill is, running diagonally toward the left rear corner of the van. It originally was about 3" long but now has grown to about 5". The other is on the left side starting at the side window defroster vent, running straight back. It originally was about 2" long and is now about 3" long. It is surprising to me how quickly they started and how fast they are growing. We first thought someone had sliced it with a razor knife....(perhaps when the windshield was replaced several years ago).....and we just never noticed it, but now we are certain this is recent. The dash is in good condition, not dry rotted or overly exposed to the sun. The van has always been kept in the garage. The dash material is still soft and pliable.....I can't understand why it would be cracking already.
icexprt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #10
djynot96793
AF Newbie

Hi! We got the same problem with our van too! I called the toyota warranty number and they said that my warranty has expired! We bought our van in November 2004. We got 14,701 miles on it and hardley used it as much! It's a 2004 Sienna 8 passenger van. We keep under a covered tent from the sun. Our old 1996 nissan pahtfinder and 1997 Hyundai elantra does'nt have that problem and their in the sun all the time! And also just two weeks prior to our crack dash our cd player in the van cant read cd's too! Does anyone know who we can talk to about this problem? Your help would be appreciated! Thanks!
djynot96793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #11
WhatThe
AF Newbie

Same problem here! Car has always been garaged (at home and work). I was a loyal Honda owner and tried the Sienna...when I called, they said the same thing...out of warranty..blah blah blah.

There is no customer service here.

Pretty sad story.
WhatThe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #12
bloom66
AF Newbie

I also have a 2004 Sienna which has always been garaged. I live in the Treasure Coast area of Florida and started to notice cracks last summer on the dashboard. I have two - one 3" and one about 12". Toyota said they can replace it for $750 but that I am also out of warranty. I have owned Toyotas for 20 years and this is my first problem with them. I am very disappointed.
bloom66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #13
mromanPR
AF Newbie

Unhappy Re: 2004 sienna cracked dashboard

I have the same problem. I called Toyota and guess what...out of warranty...etc. I asked the guy how can he conclude that when there hasn't been any evaluation of the car. It goes to show you the poor quality of the components used.

I talked to 10 other Sienna owners that I know and 9 are having the same problem. I asked them to report the problem anyway.

I am very dissapointed
mromanPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #14
FASandLIZ@aol.com
AF Newbie

Two of us in South Florida also have cracks on the dashboard of our 2004 Sienna's. My Service Rep. wanted to sell me a cover...I think we should file a class action suit and get Toyota to correct their wrong.
FASandLIZ@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #15
siennadashcrack
AF Newbie

I live in Dallas and it gets hot, but I have never had a dashboard crack like on my 2004 Sienna. With this many complaints it seems like a defective series and there needs to be a recall or something. We have a long crack above the glove compartment and another starting further down, but all on the main piece. I took it by the dealer and they said they hadnt seen anything like it before and that its expensive to replace. They referred me to an independent crack fixer who told us if the crack is more than 6 inches then he cant help. Ours is a straight foot long crack!
siennadashcrack is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Sienna