Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
freema
AF Newbie

Re: Traction Control System

I have a Chevy Venture 2000. First the " service traction system " started to come on, then the blinkers started to be wild; when I flash all 3 lights in the back go on like a Christmas tree! The lights for the turn left signal and right turn signal stay on in the dash although they are dimmed. Finally, when I use the cruise control and I use the blinkers, it disable the cruise control. So, everytime you use the blinkers you have to reset the cruise!
freema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
rockwood84
AF Enthusiast

if the floor pass-thru connector is corroded when you open it try spraying an electrical cleaner in to clean the pins because they will break off. the seal g.m. uses on the pass-tru connectors does not keep the moisture out.usually if the rear light circuit board is bad it will affect the cruise control
rockwood84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
freema
AF Newbie

The pass-thru connectors are located under the vehicule behind the driver seat? Where are the so called circuit boards located?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
rockwood84
AF Enthusiast

the circuit boards for the rear lights are what the bulbs plug into. look for a melted or corroded spot. have seen the bulbs actually get melted in the board. g.m . has a flaw on these style vans where water will drain down and get into the rear light boards and cause problems. you have to take the rear lights off and see if you find anything wrong with them...
Old 02-04-2009, 09:23 AM   #5
rockwood84
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by freema
I have a Chevy Venture 2000. First the " service traction system " started to come on, then the blinkers started to be wild; when I flash all 3 lights in the back go on like a Christmas tree! The lights for the turn left signal and right turn signal stay on in the dash although they are dimmed. Finally, when I use the cruise control and I use the blinkers, it disable the cruise control. So, everytime you use the blinkers you have to reset the cruise!
you have a problem with a short in one or both rear boards for the rear lights. look for a burnt or corroded spot on both boards.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #6
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

This is a picture of one of the boards.

You might have to remove the bulbs to look for any burned spots or damage. If you have to replace the boards, make sure you seal the area from moisture and water as that's what usually starts the problem, water draining from above. You can use di-electric grease on the bulb bases before reinstalling them. The boards can be bought rather inexpensively on eBay.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:30 AM   #7
freema
AF Newbie

Re: Issue with traction control - 2000 Venture

I recently replaced the rear tail light circuit board and corrected my problems: no more service traction control messsage, no more problem with cruise control when using the blinkers. The circuit board sells on Ebay about 25$ including shipping, I bought mine at my local scrap yard. Very easy to replace.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 PM   #8
Pinch52
AF Newbie

Re: Issue with traction control - 2000 Venture

Changing the tail light circuit boards solved the traction control problem for me as well.
Pinch52 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette