Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4 > SRT4 Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #1
0550trimsrt4
AF Newbie

im need help

i have a turbonetics 50trim and a turbonetics wastegate my car builds boost untill about 12 pounds then the wasegate opens and the car falls on its face i cant even get over 4 thousand rpms before the car does this my car does have a duel stage boost controller so could that need adjusted and do i need a wideband
0550trimsrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #2
Turbodog97
Just a Neon

Re: im need help

What are you other mods, you sure you don't have a boost leak?

05 Srt4
Agp 3147 w/supporting mods

97 Mx-5
T28, hks man, ebay int/pipes, rfl bov, xtd 6 puck, 3" magnaflow, msd timing box,
Turbodog97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 08:28 AM   #3
0550trimsrt4
AF Newbie

thats what my frieds think but we checked out and cant find a leak i do know for a fact that when this does this the wastgate is opening becouse u can hear it coming from the wastegate could there be a problem with the wastegate actuator one of my friends thinks its the computer but i dont know and i didnt know if i just need a wideband to tune the car i bought this car and somethings were taken off before i found the car and bought it but i cant get ahold of the origanal owner i did find him through a dealership they gave him my number and he never called be back i just dont know what to do
Old 12-02-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
Turbodog97
Just a Neon

If it's an external wastegate then it has nothing to do with the computer. I would do a boost leak test with an actual tester...which you can make yourself out of a coupler, piece of plastic and a tire valve. Just make sure you use your own compressor not one of those ones at a gas station.

05 Srt4
Agp 3147 w/supporting mods

97 Mx-5
T28, hks man, ebay int/pipes, rfl bov, xtd 6 puck, 3" magnaflow, msd timing box,
Turbodog97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #5
0550trimsrt4
AF Newbie

i going to get a wideband and a gameboy withe dteck and msd from one of my buddies that totalted his car not to long ago one i get it on then i try doing the test could plugs or wires of a cam sensor cause this?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
0550trimsrt4
AF Newbie

my friend and i looked at at my car and he showed me how you turn the key over 3 times to dispalay codes it had the 633 with he belives that the previous owner took off the tuning program he had on with a ecu reflash witch makes since why it builds to 10 pounds good and then it falls on its face if the computer is set back to stock could it be runnig lean in high boost causing it it to cut out any body have any ideas

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > SRT4 > SRT4 Problem Diagnosis