Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > N2O | Turbo | Superchargers
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
N2O | Turbo | Superchargers Tech forum to assist in Honda/Acura Performance.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
eauan
AF Newbie

h22 motor turbo 30 pounds of boost

i just got a honda accord and i want to set a goal of getting it to 500 hp i was told h22 motor turbo with 30 pounds of boost would get me there and body have any ideas or suggestions if this will work or what will
eauan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #2
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: h22 motor turbo 30 pounds of boost

There's a lot more to it than just boosting the crap out of an engine. 30 pounds or psi really doesn't mean anything. You could make that kind of power with more than 30psi or less than 30psi, it all depends on the turbo and parts you're using. You'll need engine internals that will hold up to that kind of power. You'll need to pick the right turbo for your engine, as well as the correct parts that go along with that (intercooler, piping, turbo manifold, injectors, etc). Head work (P&P, valve and combustion chamber work) and aftermarket camshafts & valvetrain will help make that goal easier to obtain. Of course there's also the engine management and a professional tune that you will need to have. I suggest reading up on forums for info on turbochargers as well as checking out a book called "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
eauan
AF Newbie

ok well do you know what direction to start in what would be the best turbo kit to reach this goal iam trying to also make it run smooth enough to drive it daily and be fuel efficient. i dont want i sucking up to much gas
eauan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

That's not going to happen. With that kind of power, you're going to running race gas, not pump gas. And it's also going to need enough fuel, big enough injectors, to move the care reliably. So you may be able to get some semi-decent fuel economy, but it's not going to be close to what you'll get with a stock engine. 500whp with a daily driver car also isn't a good idea. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's certainly not a good idea, that is a LOT of power. And for that kind of power, you're better off piecing together your own kit, rather than buying a premade one.

Check out the http://www.honda-tech.com forced induction forum.
http://www.homemadeturbo.com

And go to your local book store and buy Maximum Boost, and read the entire thing. Trust me, this book will inform you on every thing you'll need and what things to look for, before attempting something that will end up being too much to handle. Heck, it you search around enough, you can find the entire book in .pdf form.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > N2O | Turbo | Superchargers