Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
dtownfb
AF Regular

Tiger Paw Touring T vs. BF Goodrich Pro Series

Hey all, I'm looking for tires for my 2000 Olds Intrigue (225/60-16). I have it down to two tires: Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring T and BF Goodrich Touring T/A Pro series. Both are exclusively sold at warehouse clubs, BJ's and Sam's Club respectively. Both are about $380 for a set of 4 out the door. Both look like decent tires based on their manufacturer websites but since they are sold only at the wholesale clubs their is limited reviews on the internet. Has anyone purchased these tires or has any experience with them?

With 157k miles on the Intrigue, this is most likely the last set of tires I will buy for it so not interested in spending over $100 for the tires.
dtownfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
busboy4
AF Enthusiast

Re: Tiger Paw Touring T vs. BF Goodrich Pro Series

Hi
I have had the Sam's BF's on my Intrigue and another vehicle too. I've been very happy with them. On the intrigue the ride and road noise were very much improved over the OEM Goodyears. Good ride on the van too - I had previously run two sets of Michelins through the van. I found the BF's to provide a similar ride and noise level.
busboy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #3
dtownfb
AF Regular

Thanks busboy4. I'm still up in the air with these tires. The good thing is both tires are decent and I probably can't go wrong with either one.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
Tobey
AF Regular

Both are probably decent tires. If you want reviews, go to the tirerack.com, they have tons of them.

I just put a set of Kumho KR21's on mine based on the rave reviews I read at The Tire Rack and I couldn't be happier with them. They're quiet, traction is good, and I'm especially impressed by how good they handle in the snow. And the best part is, they're dirt cheap.
Tobey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:14 PM   #5
dtownfb
AF Regular

Unfortunately tirerack doesn't have reviews on these tires since they are only sold at the wholesale clubs.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
dtownfb
AF Regular

I went with the Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touring T's. I had gotten feedback that BF Goodrich tend to have a firmer ride which is not what I needed on my Intrigue. Plus I liked the tread of the Uniroyal better. Total cost out the door was $375.

Feels like a different car. My old tires were out of balance and I had a bad thread in the rear tire. With 86k miles on the tires, I think I got my money's worth. Believe it or not, the front tires were probably at 5/32 but the rears were 3/32. Once I get some mileage on the tires, I'll report back.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue