Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
vagator
AF Newbie

Question remote key programming help??

I have a '99 Trooper. My old remote broke, fortunately, I had an extra remote (brand new) and installed new batteries. I have looked on various sites and recieved different odd methods of programming the remote to no avail. Does anyone know how to program the remote key for a '99 Trooper, I do not have an Isuzu dealer in my area.

Thanks,
Chad
vagator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
jipkc
AF Newbie

Re: remote key programming help??

Are you ready, here goes. You need to start with all doors closed, sitting in vehicle. Then put key in ignition. Open drivers door. Turn the key to the accessories position to the off position(not lock position) three times. Close and open the door two times. Turn the key to the accessories position to the off position three times. Close and open the door. The power locks will ;pck and unlock two times. After that, just hit a button on the remote. The locks will cycle again, showing programming taken. You only have 15 seconds in between each step to do this. Try not to get aggrevated if it doesn't work the first time. So you know, I am an Isuzu tech. So this isn't some weird thing I came up with.
jipkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
charlie76
AF Newbie

i tried this on my 02 trooper but it didn't work have you any more ideas?

thanks, charlie76
charlie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:22 PM   #4
jipkc
AF Newbie

the only other thing i can tell u is to check the batteries, they may be bad. this is the procedure for programming a remote to the vehicle, from 98 to 02.
jipkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
lonestar1110
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipkc
Are you ready, here goes. You need to start with all doors closed, sitting in vehicle. Then put key in ignition. Open drivers door. Turn the key to the accessories position to the off position(not lock position) three times. Close and open the door two times. Turn the key to the accessories position to the off position three times. Close and open the door. The power locks will ;pck and unlock two times. After that, just hit a button on the remote. The locks will cycle again, showing programming taken. You only have 15 seconds in between each step to do this. Try not to get aggrevated if it doesn't work the first time. So you know, I am an Isuzu tech. So this isn't some weird thing I came up with.
I TRYED IT AND IT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME AND I DID IT THE SAME WAY THAT YOU ARE SAYING AND I GOT A 98 TROPPER AND THE BATTERIE IS GOOD
lonestar1110 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Isuzu > Trooper | SLX | Bighorn | Wizard