Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-03-2003, 02:32 PM   #1
JESUS28
AF Enthusiast

How to pronounce models based in Spanish words (Murciélago, Gallardo, Miura...) perfe

It seems to be Lamborghini is experiencing a lot of problems with people trying to spell correctly the spanish word MURCIELAGO or GALLARDO...

Yes, Lamborghini cars have a love history with Spain, based in the courage of fighting bulls, that's the reason most models of the Lamborghini brand are in Spanish.

And... people experience a lot of problems to pronounce correctly the models... so I attach here a web page where you can find MP3 files in perfect Spanish, so you can hear how to pronounce perfectly the models in Spanish.

http://es.geocities.com/lamborghinispa1973

Enjoy!
Old 01-04-2003, 12:23 PM   #2
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

I only discovered how to properly pronounce Murciélago after I heard the guy in Need for Speed (6) Hot Pursuit 2 say it! But, I still thought it was "mur" and not "more"

Phonetically it is pronounced:

more-see-eh-la-go
(Mur-ci-é-la-go)
Old 01-04-2003, 03:09 PM   #3
JESUS28
AF Enthusiast

Hi Matthew,

Well, the pronuntiation is not exactly as you told.

Is not "more" is more near to "moor".

I am Spanish so I know how to spell it perfectly LOL

Have in mid, that English is a languaje with a lot of consonants and the spanish languaje is dominated by vocals.

People from USA or England when talking are "melodic" but here in Spain, people is not melodic when speaking.

So, when people from USA or England try to pronunce MURCIELAGO, they do very melodic and this word must not be pronounced in that way.

Hear Russians when are talking, they use too a lot of vocals, like the spanish or the italians. The only way to say perfectly this word is hear a spanish pronouncing the word.

Fortunately I know a dubbing actor which have a perfect spanish accent, and he have recorded for me some mp3 (are very short, have the size of a photo), pronouncing perfectly all lamborghini models.

I have attached the link, so all people which want to hear and learn how to say that daam... ed word could learn it.

Is not difficult, just only hear it some time.

http://es.geocities.com/lamborghinispa1973

God luck!
Old 01-05-2003, 06:22 AM   #4
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
welll because i can speak i bit spanish it´s not too hard...
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 10:23 AM   #5
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

That's hardcore Jesus. Thanks! You whooped that stuff out in no time. Meanwhile, months later, I still havn't produced my video.

I was doing fine on Murceilago (with the exception of rolling your tongue after the first syllable). Then I got to Gallardo. Woe! Brick wall. There is no way an American can say that. I'm giving up and going back to sayin' like a Texan..

"Hooooowdy there. Nice Gee-lardo"

Ahhh.. rolls off the tongue and sound highly intelligent.

(I would have made an MP3 like Jesus but I had to feed my longhorns)
Tony_Ensemble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2003, 11:27 AM   #6
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Thanks JESUS28,

I agree with Tony_Ensemble, I have the word almost down pat except for the roll on the r. I can do it a bit, but it sounds really different from the way I speak!
Old 01-05-2003, 11:39 AM   #7
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
hmm..
doesn´t matter how you pronounce it.. just say lamborghini and everyone understands you
Old 01-05-2003, 02:38 PM   #8
JESUS28
AF Enthusiast

hahahahahahahaha

yes yes pronunce the word is quiiiiteeee difficult, BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE!!!

I have pronounced it syllable per syllable, swlooooly so I am very very sure you will catch in one day maximun. Sure!

I have the idea to publish that page to help Lamborghini avoid pronounciation problems.

So noooow, when you Tony or you Matthew be with friends talking about your car you can pronounce it as originally it is, in perfect spanish accent... sure the people gets shocked !!!

Remember, do not pronounce it in melodic way, the key is emphasize vowels.

The rolling of the tongue is a question of practice... French guys rolls a lot the tongue when talking, sooo a bit of patience and you'll catch it.

Regarding Texan accent I have learn a lot from President Bush when I see him on TV, it's quite different from other States I like it, so probably when I talk I have a bit of texan too LOL

Unfortunately I still have not enough skills to understand English perfectly when spoken, I have tried many times but people from ABC talk soooo fast (even faster than a Murciélago) so I catch only some words.

Hugs!
Old 01-05-2003, 03:02 PM   #9
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Quote:
Originally posted by JESUS28
Unfortunately I still have not enough skills to understand English perfectly when spoken, I have tried many times but people from ABC talk soooo fast (even faster than a Murciélago) so I catch only some words.

Hugs!

haha that´s good!
Old 01-05-2003, 03:20 PM   #10
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Quote:
Wow, you understand the language fairly well. I understand a bit of French, but anyone who speaks French speaks way too fast for me to understand. I think it is because it takes a lot of works to say the same thing in French as it does in English!

Perhaps when I own a Lamborghini it will be a Diablo VT 6.0... then I will have no problems pronouncing it to all my friends!
Old 01-05-2003, 04:42 PM   #11
Menu dei Motori
Click here

weren´t we talking about spanish????
Old 01-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #12
JESUS28
AF Enthusiast

Matthew... really you want to renounce to a Murcielago and buy a Diablo 'cos is dificult to spell the brand?

LOL

OK ... here is one solution.

A Tattoo!

Easy and fast.

Don't know what you will do, however if tomorrow somebody here with a lot of money wanna give me one for free (DONATIONS ARE WELCOME! ... DONATIONS ARE WELCOME!! ) I promess you I make a tattoo where all people can see it LOL

Now seriously, is not difficult, really, just try it a bit and relax
Old 01-06-2003, 04:26 AM   #13
Menu dei Motori
Click here

make a nice bull tatto on you back
Old 01-06-2003, 07:39 AM   #14
JESUS28
AF Enthusiast

I was thinking in another cool place ....................... for girls ....
Old 01-06-2003, 07:39 AM   #15
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Quote:
Matthew... really you want to renounce to a Murcielago and buy a Diablo 'cos is dificult to spell the brand?

LOL

OK ... here is one solution.

A Tattoo!
Hahaha

I will either get a Lamborghini bull tattoo or a Transformers Decepticon tatto. Both are worthy!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)