Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 09:06 AM   #1
Plier
AF Newbie

PO101 MAF code

2001 AWD Astro- 132,000 miles
A few weeks ago my SES light came on without any noticeable performance problems. I went to Autozone and I got a PO101 Mass Air Flow Sensor code. The guy recommended I try cleaning the air intake, which I did and the light turned off. Last week the same code appeared (again no noticeable problems). I changed the air filter and the light went off. This morning while driving at highway speed the van would occasionally "cut-out". I did not notice it driving at lower speeds around town. The SES light never did come back on. My question is: Should I replace the Mass Air Flow Sensor, or is this just telling me that there is a problem some where else and the Sensor is just picking up the problem? Recent repair history: New Fuel Pump approx. 1 year ago; new plugs, wires and fuel filter around 10,000 miles ago.
Thanks.
Plier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:54 PM   #2
old_master
Advisor/Moderator

Re: PO101 MAF code

The flow chart for troubleshooting DTC, (Diagnostic Trouble Code) P0101 covers two and a half pages of #2 font in the GM shop manual, (quite involved), and an intermittent problem such as yours, makes it even more difficult to diagnose. The cost of a MAF sensor might be better invested by having the DTC diagnosed by a reputable technician.
old_master is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Astro > M Bodies