Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
jaybird2569
AF Newbie

97 Plymouth Grand Voyager No Start

Hello,
Longtime member of AF new to Caravan/Voyager board. I have a 97 GV 3.3 with 196970 miles. Ran great till last week. We went camping a short drive from home, my wife forgot some things and ran back to the house and had trouble on the highway with the van surging and stalling. She pull of the highway and could not get the van re-started. The next day we went to check on the van (it was in a safe place) and it started right up. We drove it to a friends house that was near but at the first turn, the van died. We towed it the rest of the way and then went to Autozone and explained our problem, the salesman suggested changing the fuel filter. I replaced the filter and went to crank her up and nothing.....The battery had died (I guess from having the doors open while I was working on the van) so we jumped it and still nothing, it turns over but no start. At first I figured it just wasn't getting fuel, the pump comes on and primes for about a second when turning on the key but the plugs are dry. then I checked for spark and I'm not getting spark. I have read alot on the board about it and think maybe the Crankshaft Position Sensor is the problem but why would it surge on the highway and stall then restart with this problem in the first place? I have charged the battery, cleaned the cables very good, no fuses blown, not sure about the relays. But before I started changing everything I wanted to be more sure of where I was heading. Sorry for the long post and thanks for any suggestions.
Jay
jaybird2569 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #2
jaybird2569
AF Newbie

Re: 97 Plymouth Grand Voyager No Start

I forgot to add...I haven't hooked it to a scanner to look for codes but I did get theses codes with the SEL 12 and 55.
Jay
Old 08-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
jaybird2569
AF Newbie

Re: 97 Plymouth Grand Voyager No Start

Nevermind,....
I replaced the camshaft position sensor and it fired right up. Thanks to the guy at NAPA.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager