Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
gearheadwanabe
AF Newbie

help me fix my headlight switch

my 91 corsica is a pos i need to fix the tentioner and the high low beam switch i hate wires and i have no idea as to how to fix the switch anyone with an idea please help im sick of getting tickets for my 24 hour highbeams

the problem is the high beams work the low beams dont the bulbs are good the slow beam switch is just not workingopcorn:
gearheadwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
jsgold
AF Enthusiast

Re: help me fix my headlight switch

The switches rarely go bad, rather they work loose and slide down the column. They need to be tightened after sliding up the column enough for the switch to work again. The actual switch is towards the bottom of your steering column, so you will have to look underneath towards the floor. It is controlled by an actuator rod that connects to the handle on your column and the rod runs thru the column to the switch. You will need a 1/4" socket set as I recall but you need to locate the switch, see if it can be slid just a little up the column and then tighten the bolt holding it there. I bough a new switch figuring mine ws bad only to find it was loose. If it is bad, it is a cheap switch and would only require you to unplug the wiring, although it is a tight fit under there. Not sure what else you are talking about, but if you mean belt tensioner yours should be easier than most cars. Please verify if that is what you need.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
2story
AF Newbie

Ok i know this is an old thread but... I have a 92, you are saying that the switch itself need to be put back into postion and tightened up, you are talking about on the steering column correct? just got the car last night, have not really looked at the problem other than realizing it does not work.
2story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
jsgold
AF Enthusiast

Right, they can work loose over time and the rod won't force the switch to turn on / off until you slide back towards you a bit and tighten. The switch could be bad but you need to do this to be sure first.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corsica